Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
I wonder why they have measuring panels for official measuring records.

Rather sad really.

Very sad. Is this the same Jason Stone that holds the concession between the parks on the Luangwa? That is a special spot but his pricing seemed to be aimed at the carriage trade.

Very sad. Is this the same Jason Stone that holds the concession between the parks on the Luangwa? That is a special spot but his pricing seemed to be aimed at the carriage trade.
Same Jason Stone.
However he does not hold the concession. He markets, sells and ph’s on behalf of the operator who has ownership of the concession

What bait are folks using these days to catch wildebeest? Half bale lucern and 1000lb mono?
Not meaning to steal from this thread - and I laughed at your comment - but folks across rural Alaska use the word caught in place of hunting related words, as in "I hear you caught your moose" or "Did you catch a caribou last weekend". Frankly, it drives me a little nuts, in the same way that whitetails or elk with horns do. But... I digress. My apologies for the diversion.

Not meaning to steal from this thread - and I laughed at your comment - but folks across rural Alaska use the word caught in place of hunting related words, as in "I hear you caught your moose" or "Did you catch a caribou last weekend". Frankly, it drives me a little nuts, in the same way that whitetails or elk with horns do. But... I digress. My apologies for the diversion.
I have to say I hate that shit too lol I didn't catch a deer lol

I wonder why they have measuring panels for official measuring records.

Rather sad really.
Sad, but I'd say some blame goes to Murray for never having any of these animals measured by anyone but the outfitter. Anything going official should have been measured by someone unbiased and unafilliated. Personally I am curious about one animal I've taken and if the first measurement by the taxidermist went into the top ten I'd request another measurement from someone else, just to play it safe.

I had my eland green measured by the PH right after I shot him and I watched him measure. Good sized eland but no record.He went 39.5" left and 40.5" right, around the spiral. We didn't measure the bases.

Not sure I would want ole Angus managing any of my investment accounts either.

I’m not a big fan of the paying for a top ten animal crowd.

You would think that there would be rules against entries measured by the PH who’s name would be going in the book.

It will be interesting to see what the facts are as they play out. There are always at least two sides to each story.

2 million? That’s 20x100k safaris. Either these numbers are grossly inflated, or this gentleman has more money than brains!

Wow. Didn’t see that coming from a name like that.

The hunter in this case, one Angus Murray, lost money on a Rhino farm in partnership with his PH. That, apparently, caused his horns to shrink. You can sue anyone for just about anything. But I think that this suit may be because Angus had trouble breeding a rhino. Now he demands satisfaction. OK. If he had made tons of money rhino-ing, would his trophies still be big enough? Quite possibly. Would like to hear the PH's side of this....thanks for posting............FWB

Wow. So sad that both people "found" each other in this world. Someone with more money than sense and someone who was looking to swindle. Unbelievable...

Reactions: RTG
The hunter in this case, one Angus Murray, lost money on a Rhino farm in partnership with his PH. That, apparently, caused his horns to shrink. You can sue anyone for just about anything. But I think that this suit may be because Angus had trouble breeding a rhino. Now he demands satisfaction. OK. If he had made tons of money rhino-ing, would his trophies still be big enough? Quite possibly. Would like to hear the PH's side of this....thanks for posting............FWB
I find it a little odd that someone who was so obsessed with the record book would also be so ignorant about scoring. I’ve hunted with the record book obsessed types in the past and they usually have a freaking tape in their pocket and whip it out before the animal breaths it’s last breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg