AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
It is a sad day within the hunting community in Namibia as I have just heard that one of the great PHs and modern day legend in hunting Jan Oelofse from Jan Oelofse Hunting Safaris of Mount Etjo Safari Lodge has passed away today. He was a great man, conservationist and humanitarian who will be missed.

My sincere condolences to his wife Annette Oelofse and his family.

watermark.php

Jan, Annette & Alex at the Oelofse Safaris booth in Reno

watermark.php

watermark.php

Jan Oelofse and John Wayne

watermark.php

Jan Oelofse

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace Jan! Condolences and prayers to the family.

Lp!

R.I.P. Jan ...

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Jerome,
Sadly this has been a tough year . . . another legend gone. Salute to Jan, condolences to the family.
And thanks for posting the great photos of Jan and family/friends. You don't see many hunting pics of "The Duke" . . . and that speaks highly of Jan!

RIP

Rest in peace Jan! Our prayers are with you and our condolences to the family.

I had the privilege of meeting Jan and Annette last summer in Omaruru. Also picked up a copy of his remarkable memoir in Swakopmund. Both our sport and a unique connection to a somewhat simpler post-war world have been lost. After reading the book, I had to watch Hatari again and the bath scene is funnier than ever knowing that Jan is hiding behind the tub and Elsa Martinelli in order to get the cheetah, Sonja, to perform her part. Sincerest condolences to his family and many friends.

Had the pleasure of having dinner with him at Mount Etjo last year. A remarkable man. Rest in peace, Oom Jan.

Thankfully his memoir does provide some connection to that simpler time.

my innige simpatie aan sy familie en vreinden.

Rest in peace, Jan! Our prayers are with you and our condolences to the family.

Rest in peace Jan! Our prayers are with you and our condolences to the family.

Sad news indeed,.. he will be missed in our industry, our hearts and prayers go out to his family.........

Tha fall of another legend..... may his spirit live on!

"I have always been rich - in hapiness, experience, enjoyment" - Jan Oelofse

RIP oom Jan!

Our condolences are with Jans Family. RIP Jan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross