James Leddy safari boots

We never want anyone to keep anything from us that they do not love. If they did not fit you, you were free to return them as it is impossible for the three lasts they use to fit every single person. Not sure why you had to cross the pond to figure that out, but that is on you.

Thank you for you past support and we do our best to make sure our customers are treated fairly and in a way that leaves them predisposed to coming back for more. In this instance we were never given that opportunity.
Well, I had bought mine in Bulawayo in 2014, so it had nothing to do with you. It just sat in the back of my closet until someone with the same shoe size asked for boots. As far as I know he is happy with them.

Did you see anyone driving a Land Cruiser on your trips to Zim? Maybe someone drinking a Castle or Zambezi? Shorts? Seed protectors? Excuse the Land Rovers, sorry Kevin.

Did you see anyone driving a Land Cruiser on your trips to Zim? Maybe someone drinking a Castle or Zambezi? Shorts? Seed protectors? Excuse the Land Rovers, sorry Kevin.
In the past I have seen a lot of Land Cruisers, though lately HiLux seems to be more popular. That seems to be the vehicle of choice as people upgrade. I can't fault them, after riding in one in 2021 for 21 days I went and bought one in 2022. Pic is me picking it up from dealer.

1697905921317.jpeg

Courteneys are interesting boots to be sure. I have very high arches and my feet are two different sizes. I also have trick ankles that drop me frequently. I purchased a pair of Jamesons a couple of years ago because of the ankle support. No insoles. Feet feel very loose in them but oddly enough no hot spots. Hunted with them in South Africa and have been wearing them prepping for a Zim Elephant/Buffalo hunt next year. Absolutely love them. And they've never allowed my ankle to roll. While in South Africa I purchased a pair of Selous, again no insoles, to wear as daily walk-around boots. Again loose fitting and no hot spots. And surprisingly even though they are a lower top than the Jamesons they haven't allowed my ankle to roll either (I think because of the width of the tread extending past the boot itself). I won't trust them to hunt in though, only the high top Jamesons. I have another pair of Jamesons (now awaiting shipment from South Africa) so I'll have a backup.

If I knew I'd be hunting in the rocks I'd put an insole in to tighten up the boot on my feet, otherwise I go as they come. Very happy with them.

In the past I have seen a lot of Land Cruisers, though lately HiLux seems to be more popular. That seems to be the vehicle of choice as people upgrade. I can't fault them, after riding in one in 2021 for 21 days I went and bought one in 2022. Pic is me picking it up from dealer.

View attachment 565103
Price makes a big difference

Shoes and boots are a personal fit ‘thing’. The safari boot, is a common design, that’s been around for longer than either of the boot makers, in question, have been making boots.

I have no experience with Courteney boots. I know people, whose opinions I trust, who swear by them. I do have a lot of experience with JL safari boots and I swear by them. What can be concluded is, everyone needs to try both brands and choose what fits them the best.

FWIW, Crispi Nevada hunting boots are the best general purpose hunting boots I own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross