Its More Than Just A Hunt...

After my third trip my mother asked me "What is it about Africa than I love so much?" I thought about it before I answered and told her that as I sit on the deck the first morning with a cup of coffee with my eyes close I can hear every sound and smell the earth of Africa and i just speaks to the very core of me and says welcome home.

It is the complete experience from the day you first read about it, to the dreams of going, to planning/booking to all the adventure once you are there to staring to plan your next trip on the plane ride back. The hunts and friends made are the icing on top.

Alaskan mountains and interior is the other place that also touch a special place.
Some people would not necessarily understand it but you just can't shake it once you've experienced it right?

For me its special times shared and working on the next generation of hunters.

Monkey.jpg

wildebees gras.jpg

Aaron Slag.jpg

Aaron.jpg

CIMG7210.JPG

CIMG7300.JPG

CIMG7262.JPG

AaronFrederik.jpg

DSCF3384.JPG

DSCF3526.JPG

Man do I want to go out and hunt now :cry:

Are you planning on doing some hunting back home this season? The picture that I posted from the lunch spot was a father and daughter, she ended up getting her first African animal late that afternoon after a great stalk! She got an old Impala male playing cat and mouse with us in thick brush until we finally got the perfect opportunity.
Both my sons got their first bucks over the last two years. Little sis has claimed first shot this year. We are starting some shooting practice this weekend.

More than just a hunt moment on my first safari was the nature and landscape .... rugged and thorny, but beautiful. There is just nothing like this back home and for me it was simply captivating.
Neither sunrise nor sunset, but mid-day was the magic time. Mid-day in september when the sun is shining on the clear blue sky and slight breeze keeps You cool while standing on the top of the kopje, contemplating the amazing scenery.
These photos are my favourites. But I do not see them two-dimensionally ... I still feel the wind, the heat, the screams of birds, the animals lurking in the shade, the unknown in front of me.
1663940597604.jpeg

1663940623060.jpeg

Keep up the good work! You can see the excitement in their eyes and the memories being made that will last forever! Better not go hunting without sending an invitation!

More than just a hunt moment on my first safari was the nature and landscape .... rugged and thorny, but beautiful. There is just nothing like this back home and for me it was simply captivating.
Neither sunrise nor sunset, but mid-day was the magic time. Mid-day in september when the sun is shining on the clear blue sky and slight breeze keeps You cool while standing on the top of the kopje, contemplating the amazing scenery.
These photos are my favourites. But I do not see them two-dimensionally ... I still feel the wind, the heat, the screams of birds, the animals lurking in the shade, the unknown in front of me.
View attachment 491413

View attachment 491414
Beautiful yet challenging terrain that!

Little sister helped me load her rounds for her first deer hunt today. Every minute of this stuff leading up to harvesting an actual animal is “the hunt!”
40D42802-FE9C-4042-AD9C-ABE872664C1C.jpeg

Little sister helped me load her rounds for her first deer hunt today. Every minute of this stuff leading up to harvesting an actual animal is “the hunt!”View attachment 491611
Good luck with the day and let us know what the outcome was!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg