AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia,Ireland,New Zealand,Sweden
This calf,orphaned and then killed by Dingo/wild dog hybrids.

calf%20stake%2011_zpsrdjhwpv5.jpg

Number one stepped into a steel bracelet.

120%20bucks_zpshtewoy6b.jpg

One sneaking off with dead calf meat.

wedgies%20bitch_zps3dgudadb.jpg

misdd%202_zpstotbzgqi.jpg

Another visitor,dog 4.

dog%20cam%20yell%202_zpsamug1oyo.jpg

kub%20calf%20dog%20pair%20eat_zpsb1agremn.jpg

This old grizzled calf killer was caught using the piss bladder from dog number one.

120%202%20shoulder_zpscaewml1o.jpg

piss%20bott_zpscemmpryv.jpg

Then number three was nailed with dog two`s piss.

yella%20dog%2014th%20june_zps0dch9yhq.jpg

It ends with this.

dawg%203%20jack%20w_zpsqbcssh6j.jpg

Attachments

• calf stake 11_zpsrdjhwpv5.jpg
    calf stake 11_zpsrdjhwpv5.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 120 bucks_zpshtewoy6b.jpg
    120 bucks_zpshtewoy6b.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 224
  • wedgies bitch_zps3dgudadb.jpg
    wedgies bitch_zps3dgudadb.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 257
  • misdd 2_zpstotbzgqi.jpg
    misdd 2_zpstotbzgqi.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 220
  • dog cam yell 2_zpsamug1oyo.jpg
    dog cam yell 2_zpsamug1oyo.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 251
  • kub calf dog pair eat_zpsb1agremn.jpg
    kub calf dog pair eat_zpsb1agremn.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 120 2 shoulder_zpscaewml1o.jpg
    120 2 shoulder_zpscaewml1o.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 249
  • piss bott_zpscemmpryv.jpg
    piss bott_zpscemmpryv.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 227
  • yella dog 14th june_zps0dch9yhq.jpg
    yella dog 14th june_zps0dch9yhq.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 216
  • dawg 3 jack w_zpsqbcssh6j.jpg
    dawg 3 jack w_zpsqbcssh6j.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 243
Other visitors.

wedgies%201_zpsndvbq855.jpg

End of story part one.

Fyi dogs are scalped for the $120 per dog,paid by the Vic Gov.

dawg%203%20scalped_zpsurcw0q1o.jpg

Attachments

• wedgies 1_zpsndvbq855.jpg
    wedgies 1_zpsndvbq855.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 232
  • dawg 3 scalped_zpsurcw0q1o.jpg
    dawg 3 scalped_zpsurcw0q1o.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 238
Wow, thanks for sharing!

That took some work.

Glad you got the calf killer(s)

Looks like that took some time, work, know how and ingenuity. Too bad about losing the calf. Well done on taking care of the problems. Bruce

Sorry about the calf, I know how every one lost is a financial hit that is hard to take. But great perseverance to work towards eliminating the problem. Glad your government recognizes the issues and pays a bounty.

There is an element of 'work' but its stuff that suits me and it can be a little tedious doing the rounds of the trap line everyday BUT not tiring like driving to an office every day for the same old shit lol. Then when there is a result in the bag its a feel good morning,the $120 is a bonus that`s welcome of course.
There are more here that I have seen myself and others on game cameras that need attention as well but they roam on their rounds for miles and I do know they are about with their howling that sets my own dogs off and the piss marks my dogs 'cover' as well.

Frosty morn looking down from a dead cow trap site,if you are ever gonna get your fingers trapped dont do it on the frosty mornings ha ha. Cow under the dead tree in pic centre.

frosty%20cow_zpsxahlkbpu.jpg

The dogs have all the space and cover they need,its tough in those bush hills but they thrive.The high country fully encloses where I live and the Gov 'dogger' caught 14 dogs off the top ridgeline up to about May this year and they only need 1/2 an hour of trotting to drop in to here for a raid.

side%20hill_zpswf26q1js.jpg

Attachments

• frosty%20cow_zpsxahlkbpu.jpg
    frosty%20cow_zpsxahlkbpu.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 204
  • side%20hill_zpswf26q1js.jpg
    side%20hill_zpswf26q1js.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 210
Excellent work! I have cows myself and it's more than a financial hit when you lose one...it's emotional too. Beautiful area you live in...looks like a nice place to visit!!!

Ragman I think your home ground is Quote: "Beautiful area you live in...looks like a nice place to visit!!!" Ditto re Saskatchewan!

PM coming.

Other visitors.

wedgies%201_zpsndvbq855.jpg

End of story part one.

Fyi dogs are scalped for the $120 per dog,paid by the Vic Gov.

dawg%203%20scalped_zpsurcw0q1o.jpg

Your persistence paid off. Dead calf killer.

Thanks for sharing

Looks like you have been busy John,
I ended up buying a place in Corryong and have been over a couple of times this winter, and im heading over again soon. Managed to track down a few guys I used to hunt with in the 90's too, by the way John Clark says to say G'day.

I was in Corryong last week,took this pic from there.

Whats the connection with Clarky Chris?

kosi_zpsdm8t5nlr.jpg

Attachments

• kosi_zpsdm8t5nlr.jpg
    kosi_zpsdm8t5nlr.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 175
Good work! I used to love setting a trap line. Nice that you get a bounty. I'm assuming you aren't done yet.

Nice Pic i will be there in a couple of weeks time.
Way back in the late 80's I decided I would take some time off work and go sambar hunting, couldnt be that hard I figured. I got myself a game license and maps and armed with a copy of Walking them up I drove from Sydney to Myrtleford and set up camp at the old scout hut on the Buffalo river at Dandongadale. I stayed a month got covered in leaches, froze my arse off, wore out a set of boots and never saw a deer. I was 18 and in the Navy at the time so I could only get away 2-3 times a year.
Then I was talking to a mate in Deniliquin a year or so later about Sambar and he says I got a mate in Myrtleford shoots plenty of them. So off to Myrtleford we go and roll into Clarky's place.
I spent the next few years tapping around every time I could get away without much success, put up a few but never got a shot away, found a couple of hounds one time and called the number on the collar, they were Ronnie Bells and he told be to take them to Clarky's place. Not long after John shot that BIG one off Ron's hounds in 94, I was camped out up a Lake Cobbler, the night it was -23 in Charlotte's pass, that was one cold night in that 3 walled hut. Clarky put me onto a Deer up the Rose river about a week later and I shot my first one, a big old Hind, 5 years after I started seriously chasing them. I guess he felt sorry for me by that stage, I'd walked a few miles and helped him carry out a few. We have been friends ever since. Lost contact a few times over the years but always seemed to end up bumping into each other again somehow. I'm still chasing a big Stag though. Who knows maybe next month i will get one.
Funny how things roll around.

I heard JC was very crook at one stage not so long ago and as I haven't seen him for some years I dont know for sure.
I first met him in Denny,now that was a long time ago..a stab would be about 35 years since he lived there.
I will look him up and track him down,i thought of it one time I was at Vardys looking at walnut but lost the time that day.

LTD i`m not doing so good with the dogs at all,traps are out but the dogs are elusive. A couple showed on my cams recently.

yellow%20dog%20litt%20dam_zpse2qksehh.jpg

aldi%20rods%20yell_zps2yn030ef.jpg

Attachments

• aldi%20rods%20yell_zps2yn030ef.jpg
    aldi%20rods%20yell_zps2yn030ef.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 159
  • yellow%20dog%20litt%20dam_zpse2qksehh.jpg
    yellow%20dog%20litt%20dam_zpse2qksehh.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 148
Here is the view of Mt Mittamatite from the back yard of my place, Cant hunt there but 10 minutes in the opposite direction I have found a nice little gully that has Sambar and Fallow in it.
Yes John had a bit of a bad patch a while ago, He's pretty good now but had to give up chasing the hounds.

image21.jpg

He is doing up a couple of heads for me at the moment a Monster Waterbuck and a Hartebeast for my son. Its funny after all these years we have only actually managed to get 1 day in the bush together and that was when I shot my first Sambar. Mind you my choice of rifles hasnt helped me too much, living in WA a good Sambar gun is hard to come by so I have had to make do with a 45-70 up until now, im looking to change that in the very near future. Not that the old smoke pole is inadequate, 405grn woodleighs at close to max load are more than effective close up, it just dont reach out all that far.
It has however taught me to Stalk so I guess thats a good thing.

So you are in Cudgey? Have you had a look from on top?
Like everywhere its another place that gets flogged by the "light brigade" its hard to escape them.
I must say that the Sambar have hooked you if you live in Perth and have bought a hunt camp 2200 miles away!
Anyway I am gonna see a bloke in Cudgey about reloading..let me know when the billy`s on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!