It is done My collection is gone

I have started thinking about selling some of the rifles I won't use again

I think most of my rifles have too many memories for me to sell them. Since most of my rifles are tools, I hope to use them up fully before I am finished with them.

In my lifetime I have only sold 3 of the firearms that I have aquired and wished that I still had one of them.

Other than that I'll have the ones that I have until I go to that great hunting safari in the sky, or when I give up hunting completely which isn't likely. I might also add one or two more to my collection and I am only 64 years young.

I have bought and sold untold numbers of guns over the years and while there are a few I miss or would like to have back I don't loose any sleep over it. I will not keep a gun I don't use, I don't think it's bad or anything but I have a limited gun budget and I will sell a gun I don't use or have grown tired of and get something new to play with. I too have started paring down my modest collection with a goal of weeding out the stuff I don't use and keeping the most practical guns and family heirlooms. I gave my oldest two grandsons each rifles for Christmas a couple of years ago and I have another that will go to the youngest one eventually. The guns that were passed down to me will not leave the family as long as I live but pretty much everything else has a price and if someone offers that they will own a new gun.

Congrats @rookhawk

Always good to downsize to the essentials, leaves more money for everything else.

I'm in the process of downsizing and acquiring. Getting rid of excess with the goal of rounding out my collection to just what I need.

For me, it started after I got my custom 1911. I realized I had no interest in shooting any of my other handguns, so I found good homes for them.

I have maybe 5 more guns/rifles to buy and then I'll be content.

Once in awhile i sell one. Then there's ones that are sentimental. I would like a 1903 6.5x64 mannlicher schoenauer. would magically like the 2-3k to buy one as well. Hahhh someday im only 35

I agree, no use of owning rifles if you do not use them. Collect enough rifles for different shooting disciples like we do here is South Africa when you have dedicated sport shooter status. I tend to keep to the old classic rifles, Mausers if possible , all the rifles I own are used frequently and not standing in a safe since as a club member you need to participate in shooting activities to keep your dedicated hunting status or dedicated sport shooting status. (y)(y)

I thought I was i the downsizing mode, but then I attended the Calgary gun show just before Easter. Four nice guns followed me home from that one. So I have at least 7 or 8 guns I should sell now, with duplicates in the same category pretty common in my collection of 40 or so. Eventually I will get down to 8 or 10, but that's about as low as I'd care to go. I hunt too many different things to rely on only 3 or 4.
I need one good .375, (not four!), one artistic and versatile 7mm - .30 caliber rifle and another synthetic/stainless one for rough weather, One good open country deer/pronghorn longish range rig ( 25-06, but I actually could live without that), a coyote rifle( .222) , and a .22 rimfire for small game. And a waterfowl shotgun, a competition shotgun, and an upland bird gun. That's nine, about minimum for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!