It didn’t hurt

Strausser

AH veteran
Reaction score
Went to the range to sight in a rifle yesterday.
Got some shoulder issues,so recoil has been rather painful on my shoulder.
Had some ideas I tested out and it seems to work as I felt no pain.
Just had to write it here as I’m rather elated.
Need to test again just to make sure,probably going tomorrow.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what ideas you tried out that worked as perhaps others could find the info useful.

Lower bench,moving buttpad around until I found a spot that didn’t hurt and lastly,trigger side elbow pointing down.
Hardly Einstein level stuff,but I guess I’m slow.
I think the elbow thing helped the most,since it leaves more flesh behind the buttpad.
Changed my mind,going to the range today.

Guess I can’t write,the bench(not the normal one)is a tad lower,but the chair is a lot lower so I sit it straighter.

With heavy recoilers from a bench I find them manageable if I make sure that I use a high rest so that the recoil just rocks me back and doesn't just pound my shoulder. If I do that even with my 416RM 20 rounds at a sitting are not punishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross