Issue date on SAPS

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Are they enforcing the issue date on the 4457 to be within 6 months of arrival in SA as was mentioned last year?. I am aware of the expiration date on the 4457 but what of the issue date. Any new rules dreamed up for this year regarding the importation of a firearm and the 4457 to,clear SAPs

I have only heard stories about this particular “rule” and my guess is that it all depends on the officer reviewing your application.

For me personally it is well worth the money to let riflepermits.com sort all this out well before my arrival.

BD

Definitely give it to Riflepermits.com. Used them last August, fast and easy.

You might as well download and fill out the newest Form 4457 available to avoid any "what ifs"

I *read* that the date on the 4457 had to be no earlier than 1/1/2017 for hunts this year.

For Namibia hunters I haven't read anything to make me think that old 4457s aren't valid. Of course you can't overnight in JNB and your bags must be checked right on through to Windhoek.

You might as well download and fill out the newest Form 4457 available to avoid any "what ifs"

Downloading and filling out isn't the problem. Going to the CBP office is. For some that can be a major inconvenience.

riflepermits.com just post a thread within the last couple of days that specifically addresses this issue. Henry indicates that the 4457 must be stamped and dated in the year of the hunt.

That hardly seems possible if your hunt is on January 1st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you