Is the CZ 550 Gone or Not?

Rule 303

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe & Namibia
If Bob gets hold of this post he will be encouraging you to build a .35 Whelen on that combination.
He knows I have a Whelen and he knows My M17 is a Whelen on steroids', a 358/38RUM

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
Media
I got mine for an industry price that was just ridiculous. My dad got its twin and I think it was 1200 delivered to the FFL, 416 Rigby with Aramind stock.

Great rifles and actions to build off of, but 2500+ for a base used 550 is getting steep. However, if there are buyers there will be a market at those prices. Not too shabby for those doubling their money selling them.

I think the $2,500+ sales we're seeing out there are for NIB/NOS 550s in fancy grade wood, etc--not used base models. And according to colorado's data, that's not grossly inflated since the base model 416 Rigby was $1,100 and the fancy wood/upgraded model was another $1,100 on top of that.

At this point I feel like if I can get the NIB fancy grade wood 416 Rigby for <$2,500, that will be a decent price.

TTundra

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
At this point I feel like if I can get the NIB fancy grade wood 416 Rigby for <$2,500, that will be a decent price.
Depends on your timing, but if you're patient and watch them, you may and should be able to scoop one up for $1700 or less and it be a fair price, one sold on 10/25 for that on GB. Then again, if you simply want one and price doesn't matter as much, go for it. I over pay on certain guns (amoung other collectibles) to just have it because I want it. I don't often consider resale value a factor if I have my heart set on it and will truly use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tesstlaese

Latest profile posts

trstallone wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
I've Hunted So.Africa, love to try Romania
Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?