Is my bow good enough for moose hunting?

nuval.J2711

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada
As many may know, I shoot a Bear Attitude 60# 27inch draw slinging a 425 grain arrow, not sure of the speed though. The legal limit for moose in Ontario is 54# and I have been worried that my bow, being barely over the limit, will not have the energy output required to go through the shoulders if needed. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Have fun. Shoot straight

Last edited:
I live in Alaska and know a few hunters shooting around the same for moose without a worry. Put it in the right place with a good broadhead and you'll be eating moose soon enough.

No matter what bow you shoot shoot you need to stay away from a moose shoulder bone!

Good luck , play safe and looking forward to the photos !
Glen

Just get close enough and use a knife.

Nuval ....where did you get a tag for ?
Glen

Bit light for my tastes and yes I have taken moose with bow and arrow. I suggest turning it up to 65lbs if you can and use only fixed blade broadheads. I like thunderheads. and as others said

Bit light for my tastes and yes I have taken moose with bow and arrow. I suggest turning it up to 65lbs if you can and use only fixed blade broadheads. I like thunderheads. and as others said
It's top weight is 60# but I shoot G5 montecs

I live in Alaska and know a few hunters shooting around the same for moose without a worry. Put it in the right place with a good broadhead and you'll be eating moose soon enough.
Awesome thanks

Haha! Where I am, that's pretty much the distance

Just remember to step out of the way. Never stick an arrow in when they are facing directly at you.
Great way to become a pin cushion or a spot on the ground.

We get our tags for Quebec
I got a calf tag for Ontario ......AGAIN ! Just be sure to check the regulations for Quebec , they may not be the same as Ontario . If you need to practice you know where I'm at .
Glen

I got a calf tag for Ontario ......AGAIN ! Just be sure to check the regulations for Quebec , they may not be the same as Ontario . If you need to practice you know where I'm at .
Glen

We started going to a friend's cabin in Quebec a few years back. No lottery and we can just get to know one area. Hopefully he will get his shot this year...although not if I see the bull first :sneaky: yep, I suck as a father :)

Your set will work, shoot straight, shoot true have sharp broad heads. I have only got a few with my bow, they did not go over 20 yards. The cool part is when you hold on a moose is all your pins are in the kill, 35 yards is the longest I have shot a moose at. Have fun

Just remember to step out of the way. Never stick an arrow in when they are facing directly at you.
Great way to become a pin cushion or a spot on the ground.
Like i said to my dad for Cape Buffalo, i would rather come home in my boots, not in a bucket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross