Is Mark Zuckerberg, with new lifestyle, ready to go hunting?

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Is Mark Zuckerberg, with new lifestyle, ready to go hunting?

If Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wants to add zest to his latest "personal challenge," which entails eating only meat from animals he killed himself, he ought to consider taking up sport hunting.

Then the Internet wiz kid could add deer, elk, wild turkey and quail to his occasional diet of personally-slaughtered chickens, pigs and goats; and become more appreciative of the outdoors, the dynamics of the hunt and the role hunting plays in wildlife management.

Zuckerberg's new lifestyle has essentially made him a vegetarian, though, since killing animals is not something he can handle every day. (When he dines in restaurants he eats from a vegetarian menu.)

He explained the reason behind this challenge in an email to Fortune magazine -- which appeared Thursday on the CNN website. He said he's doing this mostly to be "thankful for the food I have to eat."

He added: "I think many people forget that a living being has to die for you to eat meat, so my goal revolves around not letting myself forget that and being thankful for what I have. This year, I've basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I'm eating is from animals I've killed myself.

"So far, this has been a good experience. I'm eating a lot healthier foods and I've learned a lot about sustainable farming and raising of animals."

According to CNN, Zuckerberg began his challenge earlier this year by catching and boiling a lobster. "The most interesting thing was how special it felt to eat it after having not eaten any seafood or meat in a while," he said.

Since then his menu has included chickens, a pig and a goat. He and his girlfriend, Priscilla, recently consumed a chicken, including the heart and liver, and used the feet to make a stock.

Non-trophy hunters, likewise, typically waste little of what they kill. In fact, according to the CNN story, Zuckerberg is considering giving hunting a try. In other words, he's game.

Not sure where he lives. Must be tough to hunt down a chicken, pig or goat in New York.

Well, if he is willing to give it a whirl good for him.

I'll ask for the pictures and the story from him too.

Now we were just talking about fried chicken feet and what a delicacy they are...

Now heart and livers are another ...

when he wants to go natural and use the entire animal or fowl, i can find a few who would be willing to give him a road map for making gut stew... yum - yum

Very interesting. I see here that he did indeed start hunting and killed and ate an American Bison.
Facebook?s Mark Zuckerberg Hunts and Kills Bison
It's good to see that he is keeping an open mind about it, unlike many people out there today.

Saw this as well, it was emailed to me from a freind. I am glad to see this guy is giving hunting a fair shot. Seems an odd way to find an interest in hunting, but hey, whatever turns you're crank right. Young man is finding his primal instinct.

Not sure where he lives. Must be tough to hunt down a chicken, pig or goat in New York.

Well, if he is willing to give it a whirl good for him.

I'll ask for the pictures and the story from him too.

Shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared the crap outta everyone in the frozen food section. It was awesome! Getting old is so much fun.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    586.9 KB · Views: 116
Shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared the crap outta everyone in the frozen food section. It was awesome! Getting old is so much fun.

Lol That's great!! I can't wait till I get old!!! With my luck in turkey hunting, this will be the only way I get a long beard!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg