Is "Harambe" the next "Cecil"?

no matter what that is some bad parenting for a kid to get away like that. I am sure he just did not walk in with out any effort. It drives me crazy how people don't watch there own kids.

I think this whole story is incredibly sad. First, that mother was incredibly irresponsible, but I did read that she had a bunch of kids with her so it must be hard to watch them all the time. Second, the zoo should have had some better cages, although I assume that they were not expecting parents to allow their unsupervised children to climb through. Finally, I am not sure that lethal force was necessary at that time. A trainer could have attempted to go in or tranquilize the gorilla while having a rifle trained on it in case it went south.

To answer the original question...no. Cecil was about stopping hunters. Harambe is about stopping...bad parenting, I guess. I'm not sure why people always look to blame someone instead of just saying this was an accident and it is a shame, build a better fence and move on.

I think it did need to be shot, a 400lb gorilla has no idea its own strength, the think could crush a coconut with its bare hands. If the tranquilized it and it freaked out, that kid is dead. Then everyone would say why didn't they shoot it. It is easy to say what if after the fact. But there were trained personnel there and they made the call. They are the only ones that really know the situation and what needed to be done.

They would also have a plan that would have been based on best evidence fro experts. Not just someone grabbing a gun and "winging it"

You can also see how these animal rights nuts have no understanding of gorilla or human biology/anatomy. Even if Harambe was protecting the child as they claim. I.e. he was dragging him around to get him out of danger, that doesn't diminish the threat to the boy's life. First imagine if a grown man grabbed a boy by his ankle and dragged him around with his head banging on the concrete. That kid could easily die. Now take a 400 pound gorilla that is as strong as 6-7 Olympic weightlifters or elite powerlifters dragging a 4 year old boy around like a rag doll, with the boy's head banging against concrete/stone. And now imagine that he hit a jagged edge or rock. That kid is really lucky his brains weren't splattered all over that moat...

I just can't believe people are comparing a human life to that of a zoo animal. I do realize circumstances complicate the issue. However, facts are facts... And we are talking about a human child. Case F'n Closed!

I just can't believe people are comparing a human life to that of a zoo animal. I do realize circumstances complicate the issue. However, facts are facts... And we are talking about a human child. Case F'n Closed!
Couldn't agree more. No equivalence between human beings and animals.

Everything is the parents fault. I mean look how I turned out. I'm not to blame. :)

God help me if the animal rights group ever caught me at the zoo with
Boddington's , "The Perfect Shot"

Kevin Robertson.....The perfect shot......Not Boddington. But that would sure be funny.

To answer the original question...no. Cecil was about stopping hunters. Harambe is about stopping...bad parenting, I guess. I'm not sure why people always look to blame someone instead of just saying this was an accident and it is a shame, build a better fence and move on.

I think it did need to be shot, a 400lb gorilla has no idea its own strength, the think could crush a coconut with its bare hands. If the tranquilized it and it freaked out, that kid is dead. Then everyone would say why didn't they shoot it. It is easy to say what if after the fact. But there were trained personnel there and they made the call. They are the only ones that really know the situation and what needed to be done.

I see some commonality between the two. Both incidents gave social justice warriors a forum on which to vent their maniacal murder fantasies... Just look at the kinds of threats that have been written, by them, online in reaction to both incidents.

I see some commonality between the two. Both incidents gave social justice warriors a forum on which to vent their maniacal murder fantasies... Just look at the kinds of threats that have been written, by them, online in reaction to both incidents.

.....and this is my fear: that the animal rights loonies will use this "tragedy" as an opportunity to fill their coffers.......not to preserve gorilla habitat, or fight poaching, but to advance their social agenda. They made over $750 million dollars....$750,000,000!!!!!.......through lies and deceit on the "Cecil" debacle, and even though the main stream media knew the facts, they did NOTHING to correct the facts. :mad:
.....and $750 million is a lot of money to fight against.:(

Oh, well......it's all about "saving the puppies", right?:whistle::confused::rolleyes:o_O(n)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg