Iron Will vs Silver Flame Broadhead Test

Coo Video Mr. Lusk... Thanks for sharing.

The most valuable takeaway for me from your testing demonstrates very clearly what I have seen time and again which is the Achilles heel of broadheads with aluminum ferrules. I have unfortunately experienced it myself with my own live experimentation with different style broadheads in Africa over the years, and I have witnessed similar failures more times than I care to remember with clients using broadheads with aluminum components....

You can get by with aluminum with some species up to certain body mass, but we recommend overall that our clients use a heavy-duty broadhead that is comprised of all steel. This is mandatory for large as well as dangerous game, but I still personally recommend all steel for plainsgame as well....

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your test.

The GK seems to have changed the blade design quite a bit.
I am certainly a much bigger fan of solid blades. (like their old ones)

I'll have to do some examinations of the ferrule and see if any have fatigued.

Thanks for the video. going to try out iron will. i know there expensive, but look like one of the best money can buy. heck even Cam Hanes is now shooting them so they must be good! lol. i liked the fact that you shot just above the middle web on the block

A head with cut outs have additional friction and solid heads almost always will out penetrate those with cut outs especially on bone hits, but even on soft tissues. Ferule diameter on the heads are also important factors on penetration.

Thanks for the video John. I follow your youtube channel and I´ve learned a lot from it.
Iron wills looks like the real deal on fixed broadheads!

Can you recomend me a good mechanical? I use Grim Reaper here in Chile for fallow deer and red stag, but i think is always nice to have more options.

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross