Introducing....The New 270 WLFUM (WINCHESTER LONG FAT ULTRA MAGNUM)

The new and improved Power Point (tm), bullet will withstand the most rigorous of velocities. We tested it on a large stack of Playboy magazines and determined that it will offer reliable penetration on even the thickest of centerfolds.

But were the playboys wet?

wait....

I dont want to know the answer to that question....

:)

I theorize that with the correct ballistic coefficient, a round fired directly East or West resulting in a miss, might result in the bullet circumnavigating the globe and hitting you in the back of the head. Please use EXTREME caution on those shots. :W Sniper:

@TOBY458 If you need a person to advocate the merits of this inspiring round in the UK to the London gunmakers PM me some more specs and I shall do all I can to help.
To that point is there any view to sending this round international?? You can always send me over a demo rifle with some loading dies, cases and data. I have a 50 BMG press that the 270 WLFUM will fit into. Let me guess it needs a special press due to OAL!!

@TOBY458 If you need a person to advocate the merits of this inspiring round in the UK to the London gunmakers PM me some more specs and I shall do all I can to help.
To that point is there any view to sending this round international?? You can always send me over a demo rifle with some loading dies, cases and data. I have a 50 BMG press that the 270 WLFUM will fit into. Let me guess it needs a special press due to OAL!!
You are correct in your assumption that the OAL is such that it precludes it's use in anything except the largest of custom presses. The FPS this round offers, along with the impressive SD of our special PP bullets required the use of a highly voluminous case, which in turn calls for an OAL of 5.62455313 inches.

Is there a view to developing an amour piercing PP for this round?? If so I think it has real potential as a long range anti tank weapon. Military contracts is where the real money is. I have a buddy that works at Whitehall (kinda like the pentagon) in procurement. Send me over a prototype and leave the rest to me.

I’d love to see the ammo belt for this one.

I’d presume recoil will be mild, and shots taken within 100 yards will have muzzle blast burns on the animal hide.

Also, no need for a tracer round because the bullet will be on fire!

Final thought, if one of those cases turns into a shot glass, it would it would put the DG in an attempt to drink more than one.

I’d love to see the ammo belt for this one.

I’d presume recoil will be mild, and shots taken within 100 yards will have muzzle blast burns on the animal hide.

Also, no need for a tracer round because the bullet will be on fire!

Final thought, if one of those cases turns into a shot glass, it would it would put the DG in an attempt to drink more than one.
If you have the muzzle brake double threaded you can use it to stun and other game then shoot them too as they wonder around dazed and confused. This new ultra long range round gets better and better

Check out this new caliber I'm developing for Winchester. The 270 WLFUM will fire a 130 grain WW Power Point at 5000 FPS! It will be the longest range deer/elk/PG rifle ever produced! The Cartridge will be housed in the new M70 Long Fat Ultra Mag Action, and will be sure to spawn a plethora of knock off calibers, such as the 404 WLFUM and many other traditional calibers of the future. But of course, with a muzzle energy of 7216 foot pounds, the 270 WLFUM will already handle any game alive, so there won't be much need for additional calibers. And the Power Point projectile has already been proving itself in the field for decades!
So pre-order yours today!

View attachment 373380

You posted this at 1130 today. So I'm assuming you've sold this and moved on by now.

Would it be possible to have one built on a Ruger No1?? Man I like this idea

I'm gonna need the rimmed equivalent of this for a double rifle.
Easier to change barrels that way.
Better yet a lightweight stalking Kipplauf.

Anyone know where I can have a cartridge belt made?

Hah! Reminds me of an old, old article I read in Shooting Times, back when the staff used to do fun stuff like dress up like the Lone Ranger and experiment with "silver bullets." (They didn't work very well.) I think it was their magazine that lauded a new, experimental cartridge based on a 50 BMG necked down to take an RCA phonograph needle. Early field report said they shot a grizzly bear with it, and he disappeared in a growl and a red mist.

So will the muzzle blast from this beast kill Covid-19?
F76A57DF-CDA2-4083-91A0-881B311A081E.jpeg

That's why I have designed this round sir. It will replace all others in mine and your arsenal at some point.
All right Toby. Put me down for one on 2 conditions. 1. It must be ultra accurate with Nosler Partitions. 2. Using Partitions can't make it from a big gun to a smaller gun. Done Deal!!!

All right Toby. Put me down for one on 2 conditions. 1. It must be ultra accurate with Nosler Partitions. 2. Using Partitions can't make it from a big gun to a smaller gun. Done Deal!!!
If the NP is turned around backwards and used as a FNSP, it could be feasible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg