Intro from Arizona

Welcome John McLaughlin. Wby are fine rifles. I have a few of those 375's. H&h, why, 378's . Few Ruger rsm 375's and a Blaser R93. They are all good.

Welcome John to AH

Welcome to the family and the forum John! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Welcome aboard John McLaughlin. I too need to have both knees replaced and wish I could. I've had Osteomyelitis since 1971 and no Orthopedic Surgeon will touch me with a 10 foot pole. How long have you been reloading? What loads have you tried in your 375 H&H? What size groups do you get? At your age, have you considered a scope for it? Due to the versatility of the 375, a number of us have two scopes with QD rings one low power i.e. 1.5 -4 x for closer work and something in 3-9 x or 4-10 x for use at longer ranges.

Welcome aboard John McLaughlin. I too need to have both knees replaced and wish I could. I've had Osteomyelitis since 1971 and no Orthopedic Surgeon will touch me with a 10 foot pole. How long have you been reloading? What loads have you tried in your 375 H&H? What size groups do you get? At your age, have you considered a scope for it? Due to the versatility of the 375, a number of us have two scopes with QD rings one low power i.e. 1.5 -4 x for closer work and something in 3-9 x or 4-10 x for use at longer ranges.

Shootist43, Thanks for your interest. I actually have been in the reloading game since 1986. My first foray was with a 338Win mag for a Browning BAR. I traded that for my first Weatherby, a 270 Roy. It has been extensively customized with a Douglas premium match grade #4 contour 26" SS barrel and MCM stock. Shoots 3/4" groups with 140 gr Win Failsafe bullets @3300 fps. I bought out one stores stock when Win stopped manufacturing Failsafes.
My next was a 340 Roy. Did the same deal with it, new Douglas Premium #4 contour SS barrel, MCM stock. It loves Nosler Partition 250 gr bullets @ 3050 fps ahead of a full case of Reloder 22. Groups an inch @100 yds and not much more at 200 yds. It puts 3 shots easy in a 8 inch paper plate @ 300.I

Now for the 375 H&H. I had been out of the shooting/hunting game since my knees gave out in 2015. Just was unable to get up the old heave-ho. I did draw an AZ bull tag in 2018 but couldn't get the knees to do it. Last year I started looking at Guns International and saw the Weatherby Safari Classic. I worked a good trade for it and now am just starting to develop loads. I got some PPU 300 gr soft points for the cases. I've worked up to 73 gr of Reloder 15 with 300gr SGK. Then the disease struck and the ranges closed for 2 months. I was getting 1.5 inch groups @100 yds. I bit the bullet and bought 60 RWS cases from Huntington's. Was finally able to get Reloder 17 and am up to 75 gr behind 300 gr ShockHammers. I have not chronoed yet, looking for accuracy first. Have not been able to tweak the loading yet. Will be out this weekend for more.
Enough of the epistle here. JM

Welcome to AH John. I lived in Tucson for 4 years in the late 90's and have been in Alaska now for 20 years, next month! Looking forward to making my way back to Arizona for retirement at some point.

John here is a "paper" that might interest you. I use this and QuickLoad (computer software) to simulate performance of loads I'm trying to work up. To date they have been very accurate.
See the attached link http://www.the-long-family.com/OBT_paper.htm
Chris prepared a table of accuracy nodes for barrel lengths from 16 to 36 inches. If you were already aware of this please accept my apology.

John here is a "paper" that might interest you. I use this and QuickLoad (computer software) to simulate performance of loads I'm trying to work up. To date they have been very accurate.
See the attached link http://www.the-long-family.com/OBT_paper.htm
Chris prepared a table of accuracy nodes for barrel lengths from 16 to 36 inches. If you were already aware of this please accept my apology.

Welcome to AH John ! Glad to have you on board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you