Intro from Arizona

John McLaughlin

AH member
Reaction score
I was born in Toledo, OH. Moved all over the Midwest while growing up. Went to undergrad and Dental School at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. I spent five years in the Navy Dental Corps on land and at sea during the Vietnam action. Moved to Flagstaff, AZ in '76 and practiced there for 40 years. Now live in Marana AZ near Tucson. I've hunted all over the U.S., Canada and Alaska. Yes I know Alaska is part of the U.S. Found an almost mint Weatherby Mark V Safari Classic in 375 H&H mag. These few rifles ( only about 140 were made in 1992) can be called the Weatherby that doesn't look like a Weatherby, 3 AAA english straight comb stock, no monte carlo, 90° ebony fore end tip, barrel band front swivel, steel grip cap, quarter rib with express sight with one standing and one folding leaf and hooded front sight. I joined for info on reloading the 375 H&H. There a few critters that still need to make it's acquaintance in this world. LOL. JM

Last edited:
Giday John and welcome to the A H Forums

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! It would seem that Weatherby Safari Classic our yours needs to go on a classic African safari. You should go along with it!

Welcome to AH John McLaughlin! Nice of you to join the posting side.

Welcome to AH! Why one would leave Flagstaff for the desert however is perplexing to me? 100 plus degree temps in April makes me want to get out of here ASAP.

I was born in Toledo, OH. Moved all over the Midwest while growing up. Went to undergrad and Dental School at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. I spent five years in the Navy Dental Corps on land and at sea during the Vietnam action. Moved to Flagstaff, AZ in '76 and practiced there for 40 years. Now live in Marana AZ near Tucson. I've hunted all over the U.S., Canada and Alaska. Yes I know Alaska is part of the U.S. Found an almost mint Weatherby Mark V Safari Classic in 375 H&H mag. These few rifles ( only about 140 were made in 1992) can be called the Weatherby that doesn't look like a Weatherby, 3 AAA english straight comb stock, no monte carlo, 90° ebony fore end tip, barrel band front swivel, steel grip cap, quarter rib with express sight with one standing and one folding leaf and hooded front sight. I joined for info on reloading the 375 H&H. There a few critters that still need to make it's acquaintance in this world. LOL. JM
Welcome to AH John. Its a pleasure to have you here

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH
Thanks for the fine welcome everyone. Phil, I've had both knees replaced. Developed an infection in the right implant area that resulted in two additional surgeries and a new implant. Lost close to the upper third of my tibia. Came to Tucson because the best revision surgeon in the state is down here. Agree on the temps for sure. I can walk around fine now but still hurts to go up and down steps. Sucks! JM

Cannot think of a finer way to keep knees strong and prepared for Africa than hunting quail in southern Arizona!
Welcome to the site, glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to a fellow Arizonan John McLaughlin. These traditionally stocked Mark V are beautiful rifles and of course the .375 H&H is THE African do-it-all caliber.
Of course, asking for loads advice on AfricaHunting.com is just the beginning of the slippery slope that will land you in Africa :E Rofl:, but no worries, there are plenty of good people here that can help you with this too.
Welcome to the mad house John, where the inmates can be raucous and opinionated, but the depth and breadth of knowledge, expertise and experience are truly unmatched.
Enjoy the ride :)

John, welcome to the AH forum! I think most of us who have been to Alaska (as well as Alaska members on here) consider it a different world!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome to AH from an Alaskan born in Michigan, who grew up in Tucson.

Hi John, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, John!

Welcome welcome welcome

Hello John McLaughlin,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaStro

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,