brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
The executive branch of the US government is at it again:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150605/stop-obamas-planned-gag-order-on-firearm-related-speech
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...tened-by-new-obama-regulation/article/2565762

Remember all of the problems with the new regulations for taking firearms overseas? You know the one where hunters were treated as arms exporters? Well that same International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) that brought us that is now being planned to be used against Internet forums:

"In updating regulations governing international arms sales, [The State Department] is demanding that anyone who puts technical details about arms and ammo on the web first get the OK from the federal government — or face a fine of up to $1 million and 20 years in jail."

In the past, I would have be rightly be considered a nut job for being concerned with something like this but after seeing first hand the SNAFU with firearms exports this is a little bit of a concern. I have no idea how they could possibly police this but who knows.

So for all of us in the US, you know what to do, contact your Representative and Senator.

Yep, read it about on another forum this morning. Hard to say where this ends up, but if it is ever deemed legal it would be a stifling of Free speech. Not that Odumbo cares!:mad: Say what you want to about Repukes and Demtards. If McCain or Romney had been elected we wouldn't be talking about this kind of nonsense at all! Liberals:mad: love to come off as open minded when in fact they are the most closed minded sonsabitches:mad: on the planet! And you can quote me on that.;) Just my very humble opinion.:rolleyes:

Email your opinion and concerns by August 3rd, to the following....Even if Obama doesn't care about our opinions, maybe we can voice our concerns to those who can help stop this.

Public comments on the proposed changes to ITAR will be accepted until August 3, 2015. You can submit those comments at regulations.gov or e-mail them to DDTCPublicComments@state.gov with the subject line indicating the comments concern the ‘‘ITAR Amendment—Revisions to Definitions; Data Transmission and Storage.” -

Done and Done!

If someone can get some common sense any time soon I would really appreciate it.

I think it should be a mandatory test for anyone who is going to draft a policy or law to be tested.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross