Internal flights which carry firearms!

Ukstalker.375

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
So, currently planning a trip to SA for next year. I know things are up in the air with regards SAA but forgetting that for now, I’m really struggling with how to get from one any of the major international airports to East London aside from hiring a car and embarking on a tiring 8+ hr drive (off the back of a long flight from the U.K.) whilst carrying firearms!
none of the airlines seem to carry weapons, can anyone suggest anything? Alternatives that don’t involve me driving (I’ll probably be travelling solo so I do not relish that option.)

Unless has changed recently, I am flying from JoBurg to Polokwane in September on SA Airlink with weapons. E. London in in the very south of the country though and Polokwane is in the north/north east. My ticket is still current as of today. Who knows what will happen by September.

I could have sworn I’d found something on their pages saying it was not possible, but I see you appear correct! Are they directly linked to SAA in terms of any imminent closure of business?

No. They had a codeshare agreement but are separate airlines.

Yeah, check Airlink. The last I heard is they do carry firearms and should work to get you to East London. They took over the time slot that SAA was flying there as well and works well for arrival and departure so you aren't traveling too early or too late in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.