Interested in a free mountain goat hunt?

Chukar

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC
Hunted
USA, Namibia

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.23 PM.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.25 PM.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.28 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
Now there is an opportunity!

Unique opportunity for sure!

That's a lot better than what they did in Grand Teton National Park recently

If I can get a group together, I would apply for that. However, I think the odds are better of me winning Powerball.

Ok I am in as long as I get to shoot and keep the goat hide and horns! Have not shot one in a long time but haven't forgot how LOL:D BUT if I know the government you don't get to keep the goat and they get to pick the ones to shoot aka nannies.

Up here we have ONCE IN A LIFE TIME DRAW for Goats.
It feels like the Powerball.

I would say that with them wanting all of them gone nannies are on the list.

This will not be a trophy hunt except for those that get into the billies. And if they pattern it after the way that they were going to do the bison hunt in the Grand Canyon you would keep everything but most of the meat

Another great reason to live in BC. OTC tags and an annual limit of 1. Can be a tough as nails grind hunt or sometimes a drive up and shoot. Mine trails are all over now. Not sure how many more I will be in shape enough to hunt or if I want to shoot more.

MB

As someone not from the area what is the issue with having the goats in the park? How did they get there?

If I can get a group together, I would apply for that. However, I think the odds are better of me winning Powerball.

I'd join your Texas Team

As someone not from the area what is the issue with having the goats in the park? How did they get there?

Introduced. non-native mountain goats
I guess someone has decided they should not be there anymore. If someone knows the logic let us know.

I would like to go. Sounds pretty tough though and not for everyone.
Philip

The greenies have decided that they are Not native since they were transplanted there. Who knows if hey were actually there or not. Biologists make up all kinds of crazy stuff when it suits their agenda. Like Lynx being in AZ Historically and crap like that.

I would like to go. Sounds pretty tough though and not for everyone.
Philip

I've seen picture proof of your capacity to go play up in the mountains. Slow and steady wins the race up there.
It is certainly not for everyone. It would be interesting to know what the fitness screening criteria was going to be.

I've seen picture proof of your capacity to go play up in the mountains. Slow and steady wins the race up there.
It is certainly not for everyone. It would be interesting to know what the fitness screening criteria was going to be.
Now they may just cancel it and bring in the helicopters. Due to the new flu bug everyone has lost their minds.

Interesting. Mountain Goat is a once and done hunt here in neighboring Idaho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaylaHoola

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!