Interest in Black powder re-enactment hunting

How often do you have these re-enactments?

Thanks Jerome. I was afraid I was being blocked because someone found those old fotos of me and Michelle O. What a relief. I will send IP #
FWB
Nothing like that, I had to strengthen AH server's settings due to the antis wanting to bring the site down and you just happened to trigger one of these settings which resulted in getting your home IP blocked. I will take care of unblocking you as soon as I get your email with your IP address.

Flatwater please say it wasn't pre-op.

How often do you have these re-enactments?

Please accept my apology for not replying sooner , CAustin...we are doing these 1800 era Black powder hunts every year around the second week of May of the year....every year I try my level best to invite more knowledgeable people about Boer war history/hunt with black powder rifles /re-enact the era as proper as possible using original or copy of accoutrements from that era...

No problem Gert! You guys must have a great time doing this. I hope it continues and grows as time goes by.

Gert I'd love to do that. I used to do reinacting here in the states. I was part of the 19th Texas Infantry CSA. Of course I'd probably look a little funny running across South Africa in a Confederate uniform. It is SOUTH Africa tho. :LOL:

Thank you CAustin, yes I will try my best to get this type of hunting to grow every year , in getting interesting black powder/history related hunters together to do this hunt..like-minded , trustworthy hunters who want to participate in such a hunt.
Gizmo, you are more than welcome..if I am correct there were American soldiers fighting for the Boer cause as well, even Russian fought for the Boer cause ...this era -re enactment/live hunt are about Boer hunters /Voortrekker pioneers life style hunts in the 1880-1904 era . As you have seen we wore era specific clothing , use original/good copies of rifles used then..

You are more than welcome to travel to South Africa and participate in such a hunt....there will be an outfitter available /PH to abide by the required regulations where hunters from aboard is concerned....

I need to discuss the participation of a hunter abroad with the guardian of the 1883 Era Black powder hunt with Dr. Willie Barnard before I am allowed to take a final decision. Please pm me if you are interested.
There is a possibility of another hunter abroad joining in next year`s hunt as well....I am doing the organising /compilation of the participant`s list.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Gert I'd love to do that. I used to do reinacting here in the states. I was part of the 19th Texas Infantry CSA. Of course I'd probably look a little funny running across South Africa in a Confederate uniform. It is SOUTH Africa tho. :LOL:

The CSA uniform could never look funny my friend.....even over in the RSA! With all the cities around the country rewriting history by removing Confederate monuments we may only have reinacting groups to tell the story. I suspect the same is true in South Africa.

You are more than welcome to wear any outfit during the 1800 era period of any war ..all soldiers hunted to survive....and to join in..keep me up to date..

Gizmo, as CAustin pointed out..you will never look funny..it is historical, and it is relevant uniform to wear ..since it was used in a war during the 1800 era when black powder rifles was used ....I would love to see a real Sharps sharp shooter rifle with my own eyes....(y)(y)(y)(y) and to hunt with one as well, man that will be something...my own Quickly Down-under Tom Sellect character....(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg