Interarms Mark X - what is the purpose of this stock inlay?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I have this Interarms Mark X Cavalier that was made in May 1975, and I am curious about the gold-colored inlay on the stock about halfway between the grip cap and the sling stud. I've seen this kind of thing before on several other classic bolt rifles, but I don't really know anything about it. Can anyone fill me in on this; does it serve any sort of function, or is it merely a cosmetic decoration? Thanks in advance! :)

Interarms_MarkX_stock.jpg

That would not have been something done originally to that rifle. Someone had that done after.

That looks to be a beautiful stock by the way, worthy of adding one's initials to.
Thanks! This is one of the rifles that I inherited from my late father's collection, and is one of three 7x57's that he had (the other two being a custom Mauser 98 build and an FN Sporter labeled .275 Rigby). I remember very well each of the guns he had in his collection from when I was still a child living at home, but he bought and sold a number of guns in the next three decades afterwards. I don't know his story around this particular Mark X, as it was acquired at some point after I left home (I'm guessing late 90's or early-mid 2000's). I've only had one range outing with it, and it did pretty well at around 1 MOA; but I'll spend some more time with it at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later). In the meantime, it has been fun learning the history of several of his rifles; and a great deal of credit for that goes to this site and its members. Much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
That would not have been something done originally to that rifle. Someone had that done after.
So, just to clarify; it's not something that the maker or importer would have done; but rather, it was most likely applied at or after the initial sale?

I'd have a game animal laser engraved into it. 7x57?, maybe a deer or an elk?

So, just to clarify; it's not something that the maker or importer would have done; but rather, it was most likely applied at or after the initial sale?
Yes. Always an extra, whether buying a standard rifle or going to a gunmaker.

Here is the engraving on the butt of my custom Winchester 1895 .405 WCF.
54558_600x400.jpg
A finishing touch to a flashy stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!