Inside The Walls Of Artistry Of Wildlife Lately.....

@ArmyGrunt , unfortunately I don't have a pic. My buddy and his wife are in africa right now. Headed over to meet them in just over a week :) I will be happy to get a pic from them and post when I get back. The mount is in their cabin and really fits the decor well.
It is done very similarly to the whitetail in the pic above. The head is mounted on a standard taxidermy form used for a rug mount. The hide is rolled up and secured to an old Herters wooden pack frame with rope.
Hope this helps :)

That does paint a nice picture. And also suggests that one could change his mind now and then, abs switch between the two. Keep the occasional guests confused! "But I thought that was a bear ____, not a ____"

A big part of taxidermy is to relive the memory. If it was a tough but memorable and satisfying treck out with the trophy on a backpack, I could not Think of a better tribute to that memory than that backpack mount. Great job Dennis. (y)

Black bear.....
DSCN7508%202_zpsb3s9usjd.jpg

DSCN7505_zpsehpwcgme.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN7505_zpsehpwcgme.jpg
    DSCN7505_zpsehpwcgme.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN7508%202_zpsb3s9usjd.jpg
    DSCN7508%202_zpsb3s9usjd.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, just like that :)

Mine should just be starting... Looking forward to seeing them come to life again through your work!

dt

I have never seen one of those backpack mounts. If I ever pull a good one out of the wilderness I'd like to have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you