Inquiry on South African Outfitters at U.S. hunting shows

Discussion in 'Hunting Conventions, Shows & Events' started by ILCAPO, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
    Luxurious to me is sleeping in a bed. I'm done with dirt, leaves, pine needles, diamond plate, table tops and picnic benches, some with rags and some without.
    If you're set on two trips, an option is to do one trip tourism/sightseeing with the wives and one trip hunting with your buddy.

johnnyblues likes this.

2. ILCAPO

ILCAPO AH Veteran

Member of:
    Private club on friend's land in Augusta County, Virginia
    Hunted:
    USA (Colorado, Alabama, Virginia)
    LOL! Yeah, that will go over like a LEAD BALLOON.

3. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    If you think you are only going once, you are lying to yourself.

Vanguard2279 likes this.

4. ILCAPO

ILCAPO AH Veteran

Member of:
    Private club on friend's land in Augusta County, Virginia
    Hunted:
    USA (Colorado, Alabama, Virginia)
    That's what I've been told and after loads of research online and now meeting with a few of the outfitters/PHs I wanted to in Harrisburg, I'm all the more convinced of it. There's no way to have the time or money to take all the animals I'm interested in on one trip. Wouldn't even want to. Would also like to try different areas.

My biggest road block right now is the wife who suddenly out of the clear blue sky has gotten this bug up her... that I'm NOT going to be doing any hunting. She's never objected in the past. Now suddenly she's getting all PETA on me.

She understands the need for hunting, but has been convinced by some recent Italian TV program on animal abuse in Africa that I can't do this.

As I told her, even if I had the money I have no interest in going after the cats (she's a cat lover, and despite their size seems them as the same thing), Rhinos or elephants. They're under horrible pressure from poachers, which is something I think has gotten so bad that an international effort to help out the wild life managers/rangers is in Africa is needed. These insurgent groups taking such animals to finance their operations have gotten really deadly now. Saw a couple years ago an entire team of wildlife rangers were killed in an ambush. We also need to really crack down on the black market for ivory, etc. But when it comes to plains game, I understand all is well. I think the same goes for cape buffalo. In that case, I don't see the point of her sudden revulsion to hunting.

Dang liberals are indoctrinating people into believing it's okay if a wolf or lion kills a gazelle, but people shouldn't.

And on top of it all, she's not a vegan/vegetarian.