Info on cartridge?

Sam Kunal

AH member
Reaction score
Articles
Hello to all members here. I recently got a few imported shotgun cartridges from a friend for my uncle. My friend showed me a certain "Anglia" by Eleys. It is a 70 mm case in plastic. It is a slug cartridge. I do not know what type of slug it is neither does my friend . I am attaching pictures herein . Please help me identify the slug type.

P_20200523_093844.jpg
P_20200523_093834.jpg
P_20200523_093824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry but it is not a Brenekke slug. The slug is enclosed in a plastic tube..

I googled around a bit and found a reference on a gun forum, not a lot of data. Slug weight of 380 grains, muzzle velocity at 1,450 feet per second and muzzle energy of 1,772 foot pounds. Weight seems light for a 12 gauge slug.

I googled around a bit and found a reference on a gun forum, not a lot of data. Slug weight of 380 grains, muzzle velocity at 1,450 feet per second and muzzle energy of 1,772 foot pounds. Weight seems light for a 12 gauge slug.
Thank You for your reply. Can you get any info from anyone who has personally used it and its results on various targets ?

Kunal Beta ... Perhaps , this is what you are searching for ?
Screenshot_20191013-170500_01.png

The 1s made in the 1990s had transparent plastic cases . Since you live in India ... It is safe to assume that these were brought in to India by a competitive shooter (Who acheived the minimum level national qualifying score ) .

That light of weight, it must be a sabot design of some sort.

Kunal Beta ... Perhaps , this is what you are searching for ?
View attachment 350332

The 1s made in the 1990s had transparent plastic cases . Since you live in India ... It is safe to assume that these were brought in to India by a competitive shooter (Who acheived the minimum level national qualifying score ) .
Thank You for your reply,Sir.. But these are not Alphamax brand. It was brought from a gun shop by my friend's father. It clearly was written Anglia . 70 mm. It had logo of Eley Brothers Limited.

Sam, I suggest that your best option to find out more might be to contact Eley direct?

They can be contacted via email here: https://eley.co.uk/contact-us/

I'd imagine they have records of their back catalogue and should be able to shed some light.

Alistair.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 4.06.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 4.06.55 PM.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 52
Cut one open and see what it looks like. Mike the slug, weigh it and the powder charge. Maybe you can find some info from that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you