Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Touched by the hand of God
Hunted
USA, RSA , Canada
Hi All,
I have bow hunted Africa three times in the past five years. Not tons of experience, but some. All three trips were in Limpopo. I understand that it is excellent country and that many bow outfitters are based there. My question is what other regions are good and what are they known for. Lastly any recommendations. I have set aside some bread and am planning to go this year.

thanks-Jerry

Lastly any recommendations.

I have only bow hunted the Limpopo myself. We chose that region for a combination of the variety of plainsgame species offered and the logistics. I can't offer any insight on bow hunting opportunities in other provinces. I'm sure there are others who will reply with suggestions. If you return to the Limpopo I would highly recommend Hannes Els and Limcroma Safaris. Hannes has been the go-to guy for bow hunting in Africa for many years. You won't find a more knowledgeable or experienced staff when it comes to bow hunting.

Jerry, you might consider going after a Vaalie with a bow. It is hard to do and I have spent many days now trying to connect. One of these days I hope to pull it off.
An honest walk and stalk is tough and if you have to have a trophy at the end of it, I'd consider another option.
Eastern Cape has plenty of these worthy quarry. There are a few guys who know how to hunt them with a bow. Search the forum and you will find the capable people.

Waiting for some comments/suggestions from Jeff as he has been on bow hunts with more than a dozen outfitters in SA.

KZN makes for some very interesting walk and stalk bow hunting. Many species also available incl, warthog, mountain reed buck, common reed buck, red duiker, nyala, buffalo, BWB, bushpig etc. all making for very interesting and challenging bow hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg