Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

I’m in SA now.. everything I’m hearing locally is the spike in covid is actually on the down turn now with daily infection rates dropping rapidly…

They’re still not down to the number pre this spike happening.. but numbers are improving/dropping daily

I’ve got no covid concerns here at all.. the airport was not crowded.. ques we’re not packed or long.. and since clearing the airport I’ve seen less humans all week than I typically see in a day.. exposure possibilities are minimal (not that that I really care much about covid in the US or anywhere else anyway)

AH Team … IATA.org important site for those planning Air Travel & wishing to stay informed on the latest Country specific air travel restrictions or requirements w/ bloody COVID! :W Laser:

On International Air Travel Association website click:

1) Travel Restrictions
2) Travel Restrictions Map
3) Locate the Country of interest on the global map & click: runs a list of all the Entry, Transit, or Stay COVID restrictions/requirements.

*Example: UAE, Para. 4. unfortunately outlines the tourist ‘transit restrictions’ V.Veritas has posted. Sadly for us travelers this appears to be over protection but I’m not the King or Emir of the UAE.

Hopefully this will update in the “+” direction with RSA next (+/- 25 July) announcement on Gauteng COVID delta variant status.

@Jaegger
I added the current page link to an existing AH thread.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/travel-centre-information-searchable-iata.12571/

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.29.04.png

Any new updates on what really going on currently in SA? When listening to news riots, shooting and mayhem seams to have subsided? This the case? Any you guys still "on watch"?

MB

Also current Covid numbers seam to be dropping substantially??? All the rules breaking, no distancing and mask wearing and numbers going down??? Maybe an uptick in a next few days? Any boots on ground details?

MB

I was in South Africa from July 2 to July 9. I do not have the vaccine and will not get the vaccine. My chauffeur did, but my PH did not. Upon leaving OR Tambo we ditched the masks and lived life completely as normal. I take all COVID case numbers with a grain of salt, especially when they come from corrupt nations or places like here in the US when all news outlet follows a political agenda.

I doubt they will require that when only 5% of the country is vaccinated.
I think it will become a nearly worldwide travel requirement in the coming years for many countries. Hunting is more important than the vaccine too me. The day I saw news Europe was going to open to vaccinated travelers I got my vaccine.

I was in South Africa from July 2 to July 9. I do not have the vaccine and will not get the vaccine. My chauffeur did, but my PH did not. Upon leaving OR Tambo we ditched the masks and lived life completely as normal. I take all COVID case numbers with a grain of salt, especially when they come from corrupt nations or places like here in the US when all news outlet follows a political agenda.
Choosing to ignore it in the United States is one thing. Choosing to ignore it completely in a foreign country while traveling is another. What was your plan if your 72 hour test to return home came up positive?

So what will you do when SA requires a proof of vaccine to enter.
I am sure you are correct. But before then the world will have millions of Guinee pig data to allow me to make a better informed real data decision. My guess. When you are expected to get your annual, monthly or every time some invented variant appears "booster" shot, I think more will see things differently. Maybe even open their eyes.
Choosing to ignore it in the United States is one thing. Choosing to ignore it completely in a foreign country while traveling is another. What was your plan if your 72 hour test to return home came up positive?
Cannot speak for JKS or the US. In Canada those positive Canadians are being legally detained and taken on a short trip to some "undisclosed" positive Covid impoundments within our supposedly free country. In SA there are many approved places positive pers are directed to go for quarantine. Yes at travellers costs. Praying none of our party needs but have spoken to our PH and made plan in case.

MB

Cannot speak for JKS or the US. In Canada those positive Canadians are being legally detained and taken on a short trip to some "undisclosed" positive Covid impoundments within our supposedly free country. In SA there are many approved places positive pers are directed to go for quarantine. Yes at travellers costs. Praying none of our party needs but have spoken to our PH and made plan in case.

MB
How is there not an uproar among Canadians to stop that? We are just told to stay at home if you decide to get tested and test positive in USA.

You understand there is a risk and have a plan in case for your trip. It’s my assumption that someone who went on their first safari and didn’t know who they were hunting with until they arrived probably did not have a plan and probably not part of a potential budget. Just saying it’s all political and choosing to ignore it is foolish. Go on your trip definitely, but try to be smart about it. Unfortunately governments and that covid test result get to have control over our lives, having a negative test result on departure is really important.

How is there not an uproar among Canadians to stop that? We are just told to stay at home if you decide to get tested and test positive in USA.

You understand there is a risk and have a plan in case for your trip. It’s my assumption that someone who went on their first safari and didn’t know who they were hunting with until they arrived probably did not have a plan and probably not part of a potential budget. Just saying it’s all political and choosing to ignore it is foolish. Go on your trip definitely, but try to be smart about it. Unfortunately governments and that covid test result get to have control over our lives, having a negative test result on departure is really important.
You guys are somewhat still a free Nation. We are living under our first DICKtator. Scary is probably 80% of Canadians worship and believe the fool.

Fully understand the risks and yes we have plans for all knowns, as for unknowns=react. Not sure who went on safari without knowing who they were hunting with?

Slightly concerned about negative exit test, more worried about positive before we leave SA, after the hunt we have 14 days self drive all over SA. Do our best to control exposure. But yes we have discussed plan for what if one of us get a Pos result. Will have the $20's handy before we leave test site. Correct; this whole Covid is no more than a Gov control test. Reminds me of movie, I am the last one standing.

MB

Just finished my Safari with JKO in the Kalahari and sitting at the Africa Sky waiting to fly to Zimbabwe. there were zero covid issues on the hunt and went thru a checkpoint entering JNB county with no issues. Pack your gear and go on safari. Outfitters are well prepared to handle the protocol and safari camps are business as usual and all staff wearing masks. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross