Indiana gunsmith?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 70worm, May 23, 2018.

1. 70worm

70worm AH Member

Does anybody have personal experience with any good gunsmiths in Indiana? Most of our gunsmiths here have bad reputations.

2. mdwest

mdwest AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
    Why limit yourself to Indiana?

I've got a local gunsmith here in Dallas that I use for simple/basic tasks...

But if I have a specialty task, I typically seek out a gunsmith that is well regarded for doing the specific work I am looking for, or working on the specific rifle or pistol I need something done to...

For example, there is a guy in Houston that has a gunsmith in his shop that does particularly great work on custom mausers.. but.. he isnt who I would send one of my 1911 model pistols to.. Ive got a gunsmith in Arkansas that is a wizard with a 1911 (he was trained and worked for years at the Wilson Combat factory building high end custom 1911's)..

IMO its worth the cost of shipping to send your project to the RIGHT guy.. not necessarily the closest guy to home..

If youre looking for someone to work on your CZ, Triple River in Missouri has a very good reputation (as mentioned in another thread)... I havent used them personally.. but I dont own any CZ rifles.. They have been brought up several times by guys here on AH though that own CZs, and everyone seems very happy with the work they have done..

3. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    Call Triple river Gunsmithing located in Warsaw MO. They do CZs Phone Number is (660) 438 - 2004. They are CZ's Custom Shop. There may be a charge but maybe not.