Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Get better looking deer here in our yard and the neighbors than I ever saw hunting!! This guy has 3 points on one side making him legal anywhere in WA and 2 and a stub on the other. Really nice healthy deer.

IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, these deer are almost like pets.

Blacktail?

Yes, Pacific Coast variety, same as Sitka Blacktail in Alaska and mule deer east of the mountains, just smaller. They are quite tame around here and in the San Juan Islands.

I live in Kansas and have deer walk through the yard frequently! It's so fun to see them when they are not afraid.

I'm heading out in the morning for blacktail. Down to the last six days in Oregon. I'm convinced if you can hunt mature blacktail, you can hunt anything. For those in Africa, they really do remind me of hunting cape bushbuck. You must be slow and tedious to find one.

DSCN0733.JPG
I-5 w of Spring.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent hours looking for anything resembling a blacktail today. I lost. Five days to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross