AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
My buddy was gifted a Pre-64 Model 70 in 338 WM, problem is the gun was cut down to be used out of a Super Cub up in Alaska. We were talking this weekend about what he should build off of the action, I told him there is only one choice, what it was originally chambered for, one of the best all around cartridges devised! He liked my idea of trying to put it back together the way it originally came only with a Accurate Innovations stock and a more modern optic. Anyone knowing where a take off barrel is or if anyone makes a pre 64 contour please let me know so I can get this thing going while he still has time to show our friend that gifted the rifle to him the final product of our project.
thanks guys,
Cody

You should be able to find a take off the guys at pre-64 like Wyatt says.

II that doesn't work you can order a new one from Douglas in any contour you want.

You should be able to find a take off the guys at pre-64 like Wyatt says.

II that doesn't work you can order a new one from Douglas in any contour you want.
At the price Pre-64 gets for a barrel, it is fixing to get shipped to Douglas, I completely forgot they did a Pre 64 magnum contour!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg