In persuit of a 404 Jeffery working rifle

Mine was a 416 R.E.M. Converted to 404 by rebareling and ground little projections off mag insert allowed 3 down plus one that's it in my avatar.
Cost around 2500 all said and done it was a new rifle never fired as a 416.

The 404 Jeffery is a fine old British cartridge with particle purpose in today;s hunting world. I have an old 404 retailed by Army-Navy Co-Op Society and it is a great little gun. I also have a Westley Richards 425, which is not as common but it is a interesting English cartridge ahead of its time. It is an early short rebated rim round designed to function in a standard length Mauser Action. I love the old British calibers. Here are my .404 and .425
404-8.jpg
404-3.jpg
404-2.jpg
404-1.jpg
404-7.jpg

WR 425-5.jpg
WR 425-7.jpg
WR 425-2.jpg
WR 425-4.jpg
WR 425-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shootist43 please contact me concerning the .CZ .404 J I sold you I want to be sure that you are satisfied. I am back in zim so the phone number that you had is no longer valid. I do not know if I am allowed to post my e mail address. Cheers Lon D

Will do Lon. I'm hoping Dan got the check today, although it may take another day or two. Then I expect it will take a week for shipping. Since it came out of one of CZ's Custom Shops the feed issues some of their rifles have, should already have been addressed. I'm going to reload for it rather than purchase ammo but I may just get a box of 10 Norma rounds just to be able to take it to the range. If the rifle has never been fired before I will "break-in" the barrel using a protocol that has worked for me in the past. Never having purchased ammo for a big bore before I was "shocked" to find out the cost per round!!

Will do Lon. I'm hoping Dan got the check today, although it may take another day or two. Then I expect it will take a week for shipping. Since it came out of one of CZ's Custom Shops the feed issues some of their rifles have, should already have been addressed. I'm going to reload for it rather than purchase ammo but I may just get a box of 10 Norma rounds just to be able to take it to the range. If the rifle has never been fired before I will "break-in" the barrel using a protocol that has worked for me in the past. Never having purchased ammo for a big bore before I was "shocked" to find out the cost per round!!

There is only one route to go with big bore rifles....re-loading ..it softens the financial blow a little bit , although it still is expensive it is more affordable to shoot your big bore rifle...:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg