In memoriam - The Queen

Military service is taken very seriously by the Royal family. I believe it was Andrew who was flying missile decoy duty in the Falkland War. Think of that, a Royal prince sent up to intentionally draw missiles off of warships with a chopper!

I remember when I was a kid (I am 25) I saw prince Harry in Afghanistan. If I remember he was in a infantry type position, and someone was firing a light machine gun in the background of his interview. I respect that they all served in the military.
Prince Harry should have stayed in the military. He would be better off today!

You're right, I'm ignorant to the nuances and one could argue that Parliament betrayed Rhodesia and the Queen was powerless to intervene in a Constitutional Monarchy.

My response back would be: Fine, but she gets to decide who to knight and she chose to knight Robert Mugabe. Sir Ian and Sir Robert on equal footing with the crown? Hmm.

Not really......

Screenshot_20220916-164944_Chrome.jpg

@Rocked and Loaded that's interesting.
I never doubted Charles had been in some form of career .

I'm a 72 model so in 76 I was 4 , I would not have been aware of Charles history until Diana and the Wedding came the centre of the public stage

Nothing against him he was born to be King but if handed over to William I would not see it as a bad thing and we might see great support of William as King.
It’s really the only career the royals are allowed to have. I believe he wanted to work for a paper at some point and was forbidden. He had to wait to be king but couldn’t do a whole lot in the meantime, him becoming indolent is not a surprise. It’s happened with Queen Victoria’s son as well. There’s a big “gilded cage” element to the institution. Prince Phillip was a navy man to the core but had to give it up when Elizabeth became queen, can’t risk the prince consort dying and all that.

While I don’t agree with how Harry did it, I certainly understand how he would chafe under it and want to break out somehow. Especially since he was the spare.

Many folk looking at all the raz and mataz surrounding the Royal Family get an image of a wealthy, privileged few borne to a life of splendour

What is little understood is that for all the appearances of glamour they are in fact hereditary players in role that is one of hard service to the people of the UK

They are set a fearsome work schedule that almost never ends and are endlessly in the critical eye of all

The further up the hereditary ladder, the harder the job

I think Merkel thought she had bought into a kind of European tinsel town life like that of celebs in the film industry

I suspect it came as an unpleasant shock resulting in resentment - encouraged by an already deeply troubled sidekick

those two want to sponge off the notoriety of being a Royal whilst turning their backs on what it actually means

They remind me of the tossers that dress up in a uniform they have no right to wear and sponging drinks in the bar off the backs and deeds of others

Remember, The Queen met with the new Prime Minister to form a government just two days before she died. She did her duty to the end.

Hey Spike it has been an extreme educational exercise with your knowledge of the Royals. It truly has been very informative on most of us that have limited knowledge of the Monarchy and have been forming opinions on rumors, induendo and hear say! We are much smarter for it. I truly thank you.
Don't really know that much...but my mother and grandmother were staunch royalists and rubbed off on me....and as @bowjijohn said their work schedule can be pretty hard....I think somewhere you can check on exactly what the different royals schedules of meetings and appearances are that they have undertaken....as said higher up in "The Firm" you are the more you are expected to take on....for quite a while Princess Anne was regularly at or near top of the list....and yeah I agree that possibly that meghan asshole didn't get how it was going to be...not a Hollywood junket, but in reality a serious and committed job that involved hard work in a different way to her understanding...not being a little fkn Disney princess.....

Guys - some of you should read through this missive before posting. You will find the clip on page 2 - posted by that @Red Leg fellow. However, is a great story and is worth repeating.
Sorry Redleg
I signed the book of condolence in the British Embassy in Oman on Wednesday. I didn't read all the signatures there before I signed that either!

Last edited:
This is a live stream of westminster hall where the queen is lying in state worth a few minutes of your time to view.

Ok tough guy calm down. None of those events you where at
I was not, however both of my grandfathers fought in WW2 both receiving the purple heart and one of them a silver star. I spent my time in Iraq and while there were British soldiers deployed there they were mostly hanging out around Al Basra. I don't recall any of them being sent up to Fallujah, Samarra, or Radwaniyah
That was not an attempt to be a tough guy that was just a stated fact. Every body everywhere loves to trash America until the bad guys show on thier doorstep then it's "oh please america, send your young men to die, we need your help.

I was not, however both of my grandfathers fought in WW2 both receiving the purple heart and one of them a silver star. I spent my time in Iraq and while there were British soldiers deployed there they were mostly hanging out around Al Basra. I don't recall any of them being sent up to Fallujah, Samarra, or Radwaniyah
That was not an attempt to be a tough guy that was just a stated fact. Every body everywhere loves to trash America until the bad guys show on thier doorstep then it's "oh please america, send your young men to die, we need your help.

Don't think really appropriate for this thread....would continue, but don't want to start this into an argument that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread ,.....as I said.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross