AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
107091799_4356383727712958_1638422750631777483_o.jpg

We lost a great man today!

The man sure as hell could play the fiddle.

Hard to believe he was only 83, I saw him over 20 years ago and he looked to be pushing that then!

God bless you Charlie Daniels, and thank you for your music. RIP

He played a camp I was assigned to in Iraq in 2005. He looked old then but still sounded great!

Sad to hear! RIP

We met him at a reception years ago. I looked across the grounds and there was a huge man hugging my wife. Sure enough it was him. We had a great visit. He was a true gentleman.

I’ve been listening to the CDB since 1974, only saw him once in concert at the Big Valley Jamboree. Ran into him there and said hi, great man, great musician. RIP if you see Ronnie our there say hi to the Freebird.

He performed for a business function I attended some years ago and let me tell you he wasn’t one of those who stopped playing and left. He stayed around and talked to us. There were maybe 500 people at the event and I bet he spoke to nearly everyone! A real nice man. “The devil went down to Georgia” allowed him to showcase his fiddle playing skills so very well.
RIP Mr Charlie

A national treasure was lost today. One of the greatest. Thank you, Charlie Daniels.

RIP, I liked his music

RIP Mr Daniels

During my very first vacation to the USA in 1980, we went into a local music bar/ restaurant where they did square dancing etc. Lo and Behold, Charlie Daniels Band was playing!!!! FANTASTIC evening and still in my memory.
RIP awesome musician.....

We were so fortunate to have him play in Reno at SCI this year. He filled in last minute for REO Speedwagon who was scared off by the likes of PETA et al. This is not the first time it’s happened but SCI has always worked their magic and rebooked the show.
At 83 years old he put on a real show and we will never forget it.
The SCI Convention will be in Las Vegas next year so make plans!
Regards,
Philip

RIP MR Daniels, loved your music but respected the man even more.

I was at my car mechanic in Nashville when she shared the news with me. Susan is the office manager, a veteran, a native american, a patriot for her country, and a lover of all that is great about America. When she told me Charlie had died of a stroke, I told her first thing I bet it was the stress of seeing the country he loved so much being torn apart by those who have given nothing back to her. She looked at me and said “Exactly”!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!