In memoriam - Professional Hunter Phil Smythe passes away

So sad to hear this..my deepest condolances..

Terrible news.

Prayers sent for friends and family...

May he rest in peace..

It is a sad loss indeed.

But we should all be so lucky as he was, dying doing something he loved doing.

Posts made on the internet show what an amazing woman Leah Smythe is. Phil was certainly blessed to have her in his life.

Raising two young girls with one on the way is not going to be easy. May God bless Phil's family and hold them in his arms. This family is certainly deserving of any discretionary funds we can direct their way.

The sport we love contains some level of risk. Most worthwhile things in life contain risk. Times like this can be sobering for those of us left behind. There is a level of comfort knowing that Phillip Smythe died doing what he loved and living the life that he chose. What an epitaph to leave. We should consider ourselves blessed if we can do the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.34 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 234
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.36 PM.png
    5 MB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.38 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 234
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.59.40 PM.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 234
Prayers for his children and family

Very sad and always such a shock to hear. Such a family man and so dedicated to his craft.

May God hold is wife and children in His hand.

So sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences and prayers for his family.

Prayers for Phil’s family, friends, and clients. A tough journey for the family ahead. Heartfelt condolences for their loss.

Simply heartbreaking. My deepest condolences to his family. May you find peace in this tragedy. May God hold you, in the hollow of his hand.

Very sad, praying for his family.

Oh god , what a misfortune
A shitty year still ends so tragically.
RIP

Terrible and very tragic! I just can’t imagine? My deepest condolences to his family.

A very well respected PH, who obviously loved his job, lost his life trying to support his young family during the economic catastrophe of this pandemic by doing a dangerous job. It is a sickening tragedy.

I hope the family and friends find some peace in their faith.
My condolences to Phil's family and friends.
Well said.

Terrible news, I never had the pleasure of meeting him but his character is obvious by those who did and he created many lifelong memories for his clients it seems.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends!

Reactions: WAB
Extremely bad and sad news. My condolences to his wife, children, family and friends.

66EB9EE0-388E-42EB-9270-83FFBDA0C929.png

Prayers and donation sent for Leah and the kids.

As my wife and kids know, not only do Guides/PHs have a risky job but they also miss a lot of time at home with family due to hunting trips. It can be several months a year. Unfortunately, Phil never came home from his last trip.

Please help Leah and the kids with whatever you can. If each of us on AH would donate $100 or more it would make a huge difference for the future of the Smythe kids and their mother. You can earmark the donation for the Smythe’s.

Condolences to his family. It will be tough.

Deepest condolences and prayers to the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross