In memoriam - Professional Hunter Phil Smythe passes away

Very sad, condolences to family and friends.

Sincerest condolences to the family.

OMG I just saw this. Terrible news. RIP Phil. Prayers and our deepest condolences for his family.

Deepest condolences to his family and friends

Super sorry to see this news.

We had watched his you tube presentations.

Condolences to the family, our thoughts will be with them at this difficult time.

Sincerely

Terrible news, in a nasty year. Rest In Peace knowing you have done your best providing amazing adventures and dreams. May your family have our thoughts and strength...
Sincerely

Such a terrible tragedy. Prayers for the family. I'm glad Africa Hunting sent out an email regarding this topic. It reminded me to make another donation to the DSC Frontline fund.

beautiful family, this was taken 2 or 3 years ago, I believe

1610402491682.png

The following came in an email from DSC Frontline today. The hunting community is a very generous group. You are to be commended!

Undoubtedly all seventy-six (76) of you who are getting this email have been emotionally affected in some way by the tragic death of Phillip Smythe. As fellow hunters, I know that we all felt an awfully hard gut punch when we heard the horrible news of the mauling, and as parents and grandparents, we all know the long hard road that lies ahead for his wife, Leah, and the children. In the seven years I have served on the DSC Frontline Foundation board, I have seen some tragic situations, but I have never seen such an overwhelming outpouring of sympathy and support as I have for the Smythe family. Thank you very much.

On behalf of the family, I want to extend their sincere and profound gratitude to each of you for your prayers and generous donations. Thanks to your generosity, Frontline has collected $33,735 which will be wired to the family this week. In addition, Frontline made a $20,000 donation shortly after the accident to pay Phil’s medical expenses.

Phil was laid to rest last week. His sister, Tracey, asked me to forward the following message and video to everyone who has supported the family:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Family and Friends,

In light of the journey many of you shared with us in Phil's last days, and sadly due to COVID-19 regulations, we were led to having a small family service for our wonderful Phil. However, we chose to record it that we might be able to invite you to celebrate with us.

Know that each song was one God gave us as family while at the hospital with Phil and ultimately the last one as we drove that last night to Phil's hospital bed. May it be a blessing to you.

If you would like to watch the service with us, then please click on this link

https://philsmythememorialtrust.org

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.29 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.32 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.34 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.35 PM.png
    887.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.59.38 PM.png
    794.6 KB · Views: 130

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross