In memoriam - Nelson Mandela dies

Also true, Scott, makes no difference at all. Though not surprising for most, it goes to show how governments can manipulate a nation for their own political agenda.
Well no argument there. Though I cannot see what the agenda would be for keeping the truth of Mandela's passing from people in the US. In RSA; I don't know, I don't live there.

As Totius once wrote: "BE STILL BROTHERS, A MAN HAS PASSED AND ONLY ONCE, HAS THERE BEEN SUCH A MAN....."
My best always

Jaco, for General De La Rey (Anglo Boer War) yes...:cool: Madiba will get his own poet someday...

I believe that it would apply to him as well :) I also believe it was Genl. De Wet and not De la Rey. ;)

Sest it could be true I don't see much wrong with it though if it is, I would actually commend the planners or the brain behind it if it is to be the case as the planing will bring about a well coordinated event with hopefully minimum disruption, which in a African country is of the utmost importance...

My best always

Lets hope it all goes smoothly in the future.

While I understand the concern I fail to see how this can happen, Madiba has not been the president for almost 15 years, there have been 2 presidents since then...

I would not be concerned or rather I am not, Julius's following is not what it is portrayed to be and for any other party except the ANC to rule is virtually impossible.

To swing that amount of support towards Ju Ju's side I am sorry for him but not likely

As Totius once wrote: "BE STILL BROTHERS, A MAN HAS PASSED AND ONLY ONCE, HAS THERE BEEN SUCH A MAN....."
My best always

Just a sense I've had that while Mandela was still alive, just his presence was enough to keep Malema at bay. Nothing in the least bit logical or factual about it, just a sense. And as I say, I hope that I'm wrong.

Glad the site is back, well mostly! Seems this Malema fella has been in quite a bit of controversy to put it mildly. While I know next to nothing of RSA politics, I think I would tend to agree with Jaco and not worry too much about him getting near the Presidency.

in support of sustainable hunting...

See caption of the article he realized the importance of hunting.jpg

How is Mandelas passing going to affect the stability in regards to the hunting industry ?
Will traveling hunters need to take extra safety precautions ?
We have a trip planned for next March/ April and some one was raising concerns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you