Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Perhaps not a household name in the industry but well known outfitter and booking agent Jerome Knap died last month, its in the new SCI paper. Jerome handled the booking for my first safari back in late 1985 to Tanzania with Wengert-Windrose Safaris. I never met him but we corresponded by mail and phone several times and he did everything he said he would without a lot of fuss. He was a good guy.

Sorry to hear.

Thanks for sharing. Sad when people long associated with the industry leave this world.

Sad to hear. My sincere condolences to his wife, family and loved ones.

Jerome was a nice man with an excellent reputation as an agent and outfitter. I visited with him for many years at the SCI show until he sold his company Canada North Outfitting to retire in 2011. Jerome founded in 1981 Canada North Outfitting which pioneered outfitting in the Arctic by providing the first fully and professionally outfitted sport hunts to non resident hunters. Canada North Outfitting is unique in operations as they partner with Inuit communities for the consumptive use of sustainable and reusable Arctic wildlife from the day they took out the first polar bear hunter at the mouth of Frobisher Bay on Baffin Island to the first muskox hunters on Prince of Wales Island out of Resolute, Nunavut. Jerome also sent his clients hunting all over the world through his company Global Expeditions in Canada.

Sad to hear, I bet he saw many view of the wild north that most on Earth will never see..........

Condolences to the family. He was a true pioneer when it came to artic hunting. I spoke to him several times many years ago. Came across very genuine.

Condolences to his family and friends

Prayers...

It sounds like he had a great life and did some good things for us hunters.
Thank you Mr Knap. RIP.

So sorry and so sad to hear. Jerome was my good friend. Jerome and Halina, his wife sent many international hunter to China as my agent while the foreigner hunting was open before 2006. All in memory, touring together the acent town of Beijing, expensive seating at Las Vegas show while I fall in sleep, drink together every year at SCI show, forcing me follow him to do eye surgery to quit myopic glass, later years he had another glass on neck for presbyopic, told me going to retire adn sold-out his Canada North.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you