Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
With sadness I attended the funeral of my dear friend and hunting partner Danny Balke of Wimberley, Texas today. He was 59 years old and succumbed to the perils of cancer. He was a gentleman hunter, having taken Safaris in Cameroon, South Africa and Zambia he was a student of African Hunting. We shared many a campfire and whiskey's and my heart is heavy, but I find solace in knowing he is in a better place. God Bless you Danny, see you on the other side.

Danny's beautiful Bongo on our Safari in '92 to the rainforest of Cameroon.

Dannys Bongo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard when you lose a good friend.

Condolences to family and friends, very sorry to read this.

Sorry to hear. Prayers for his family and friends!

So young! So sorry! May he R.I.P.

So sad and sorry to hear. If we're lucky enough to have a hunting buddy like that we've been blessed. My sincere condolences to you and Rest In Peace Danny! He looks like someone I would have enjoyed hunting with too!

So sorry for your loss, condolences to all his family and friends!

Thanks for sharing this. Take care.
Philip

Sorry for your loss.

My condolences, sorry for your loss.

Really sad for you as well. I am down to three, and one is my son. This whole mortality thing weighs a bit after a while. Try to have a scotch with him as often as you can.

Sorry to hear of this loss, condolences to you, his family and friends.

Condolences to you JES, for your loss and to Danny's family and friends for their loss.

What a loss of a good man at such a young age. Condolences to you all.

My sincerest condolences to you and his family. Much too young to have passed but I’m glad you and Danny had your time and memories together to cherish.

Bitter.
You don't have many friends who go the same way with the same passion.
My condolences.

So sorry for your loss. Will keep you and his family in my prayers.

May your friend Rest In Peace. My condolences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois