Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
It may already have been noted here, but don't see it. Apparently he passed away at the end of January at 92 per SCI. I also didn't know that his son PH Mark Selby had died last year also, at 62. I never met either but a friend of mine hunted with Mark and of course I hunted with the late Willie Englebrecht who knew the Selby's well. A great loss to the community. RIP to both Harry and his son Mark.

Thank Jerome, I don't remember seeing it but I may have, old timers disease setting in.:eek::rolleyes:

I was very relieved just now viewing the link J provided to this story, to see that I had not posted on it!:eek::eek: Now that would have been embarrassing and would have sent me post haste to the local drug store for some Prevagen!:rolleyes::(

I am reading Ruark's "Horn of the Hunter" right now and in it Selby is Ruark's 26 YO PH. He will always be young in that book, at least.

That is the book that put many of us on the pursuit of the African experience. Have read it many times.

Share many a cold one with Harry, Tony Henly, Lionel Palmer, Doug Wright etc in Botswana. Harry was always a true gentleman and I think, will always be the standard that PHs hope to achieve. Proud to have known him. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross