In memoriam - Bruce Moulds has passed away

RIP, prayers for his family

When I saw a post by him, I immediately knew it was worth reading and that it would would be an interesting one. When one thinks about the contributions made here of knowledge and experience, he will be missed by shooters around the world. RIP Bruce.
+1

RIP Bruce

Prayers for Bruce’s family and friends. Always a good thread when Bruce chimed in. I no longer drink, but in lieu of a drink, I will raise a cigar to him tonight and fondly remember his wit and wisdom.

OMG, this is terrible. RIP Bruce, thank you for sharing your knowledge. This has been a heck of a month with the two loses we've had. Sad.

Yesterday I was informed that our esteemed forum member Bruce Moulds passed away on Wednesday night.
A message came in with Bruce as the subject. That seemed odd

His son in law made contact via a p.m. here to advise me unsure of how I actually knew Bruce. He wrote I don't know if you were mates. Phil his son in law provided his phone number so I gave him a quick call.

I messaged several members who had befriended Bruce and had regular contact with him advising of his passing and that I would post publicly this morning. Responses with Tributes, Thoughts and Prayers for his family came back quickly from those I contacted.

I was fortunate to have met Bruce in person. His town is about 400 miles from mine. I have kids in the city so I arranged to meet Bruce at a popular tourist town about 20 miles from the area he called home.

We originally connected through this forum and had discussions about Von Gruff knives. There was a lot of friendly banter as Aussies do. Bruce was very excited about the knife he had ordered with the Micarta scales.

This image of Bruce's knife was posted in another thread courtesy of Gary. I think Bruce may have been the first to request the steel and associated pouch.

View attachment 406464

Now, the reason that Bruce and I met up was to have show and tell with our knives over a coffee. The knife pictured was clearly well used when I handled it. Bruce was very proud of his knife and very keen on the design Gary had created for me.

While in discussions of what to order and debating design and the uncertainty Covid bought Bruce made the tongue in cheek comment "What if Gary gets hit by a bus and you haven't ordered one?" That got me thinking. We traded many messages about our orders etc , it's nearly here, I said Bruce was lurking by the mailbox waiting once his was in transit.

I learned a bit about Bruce and his life in our short meeting. His passion for shooting his choices of less common cartridges. He was still working for himself doing landscaping in the area.

We often joked about the 6.5Creedmore rifle trend likening it to the Man Bun and Latte trend.

Bruce used the name bruce moulds here and on other forums. If you google Bruce Moulds Shooting Forum you will see he could be found on quite a few and gets mention in F Class and Benchrest.

Bruce clearly had a lot of experience and was often quick to point out what he thought. Another member wisely worded this as 'Forthright way of communicating that may have been Blunt but not in an offensive way"

Another said to add that Bruce had an extreme hate for the Nosler Partition projectile and his posts regarding this were quite numerous.

All offered their condolences to Bruce family.

Bruce was 69.

The word Vale (Farewell) is used in Australian shooter magazine on the occasion where a shooters obituary is published.

Farewell Bruce, thanks for the yarns we had. I won't get to buy you that coffee I owe you but I will remember you when I get the chance to pay it forward.

RIP mate. @bruce moulds

Chris,
CBH Australia
Who will keep Bob on his toes now? I will miss the bantering we had together, RIP Bruce.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and
I was informed yesterday of @bruce moulds passing by @CBH.
I was glad i was sitting down at the time.
Even tho I never met Bruce personally I hand many a long conversation with him. He was a very knowledgeable bloke and we spent many a time stirring the crap out of each other both in the forum and in person all in good Australian fun and humor. Bruce was a straight shooter and you always knew where you stood with him.
He had strong opinions on what worked and didn't work for him and had no problems telling others. He passed on a great deal of knowledge on this forum and others.
One subject Bruce was very strong on was the quality of @Von Gruff Gary's knives. He thought if you only owned one knife it has to be a Von Gruff as they work as promised. Every time we spoke his first question was not how are you Bob, it was have you ordered your von Gruff yet. He liked them that much.
Even tho I didn't meet Bruce personally I regarded him as a good friend. My only regret is that Bruce, Chris and myself never got to do the hunting trip we wanted to do together to compare calibers and sit around the campfire swapping stories
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time.
RIP old mate I will miss you
Bob
I was
I was informed yesterday of @bruce moulds passing by @CBH.
I was glad i was sitting down at the time.
Even tho I never met Bruce personally I hand many a long conversation with him. He was a very knowledgeable bloke and we spent many a time stirring the crap out of each other both in the forum and in person all in good Australian fun and humor. Bruce was a straight shooter and you always knew where you stood with him.
He had strong opinions on what worked and didn't work for him and had no problems telling others. He passed on a great deal of knowledge on this forum and others.
One subject Bruce was very strong on was the quality of @Von Gruff Gary's knives. He thought if you only owned one knife it has to be a Von Gruff as they work as promised. Every time we spoke his first question was not how are you Bob, it was have you ordered your von Gruff yet. He liked them that much.
Even tho I didn't meet Bruce personally I regarded him as a good friend. My only regret is that Bruce, Chris and myself never got to do the hunting trip we wanted to do together to compare calibers and sit around the campfire swapping stories
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time.
RIP old mate I will miss you
Bob
I was so shocked to hear of Bruce’s passing. I have only been on this site for about a week and Bruce was the reason for joining. Reading his postings and reply’s struck a cord with me, here was a man with knowledge and conviction. Even though we didn’t know each other he replied to all of my posts except yesterday’s. We had very similar opinions on things and shared the love of the 9.3 x 64 and 340 Weatherby along with A swift Bullets and the dislike of Nosler Partitions, he was someone I could relate to. I feel a little short changed having only known him a week
My condolences go out to his family and all that knew him and loved him. Maybe some time down the track we might share a camp fire and continue our conversation and our love hunting. Going to miss you Bruce.
Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg