Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Gents,

We didn't get to enjoy as much on AH having the knowledge shared that Bill Quimby possessed, and unfortunately we won't get to in the future. Bill, a native Arizonan, passed away today. For those that did not know who he was, he was quite active in SCI at one time, in earlier days when there was a bit less drama around the organization and hunting as a whole. And he was an active writer too.

Bill was a member here, @billrquimby was his handle here. I tag him one last time here on AH to express condolences to Jean his wife and his family and friends

Rest in Peace Bill!

A little information on Bill: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_R._"Bill"_Quimby

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
He was a great contributor to our sport.
The wiki CV probably does not cover it all.
RIP

I had the pleasure to meet Bill in person on a couple of occasions, a real gentleman. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Prayers for the wife and family!

I've heard the name. If an obituary gets published, please post the link to it.

Thoughts and prayers to his family

Prayers to his Family, a fine Gentleman and gifted writer. God rest his soul.

Quimby was certainly extremely knowledgeable about our sport, SCI, and many of the significant participants.

I will always appreciate Quimby for publishing Safari Club Magazine. For a couple of decades before the internet, it was by far the best place to read about international hunting and Africa hunting in particular.

Condolences to his family and friends.

He will be greatly missed. RIP

Sincere condolences to Bill's family and close friends. The hunting community lost a good one. RIP Bill.

As a fellow Tucsonian, I read Bill's articles in the Tucson paper for many years. We are(were), long time members of another hunting site, and he shared much insight, and stories.

Rest easy Bill. Prayers for your wife and family in this difficult time.

RIP.

Bill was a great man! I spent some time with him and some friends of mine in springerville/Greer AZ. He was an absolute gentleman, and will be missed by many, RIP.

I had the honor of working with Bill for years and felt compelled to write a modest obit in case anyone's interested in the shear volume of his wonderful work and colorful life.
http://guyjsagi.com/2018/06/27/william-r-bill-quimby-1936-2018/

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.06.23 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!