In memoriam - A great Hunter, husband, friend, son & person!

mbabala

Reaction score
Media
Member of
NATURE CONSERVANCY
I would like to post these pictures of my friend Alexander Danil. I am using his AfricaHunting account to memorialize some of his hunts which I have pictures of. Alex passed away in April and left a legacy of hunting and fishing behind.

We will miss him!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend! My condolences to his family and friends! Thanks for sharing some of his memories, and hopefully you have many memories together with him to relive in your mind for years to come!

I'm glad your friend got to Africa to hunt.
Condolences on your loss.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and my sincere condolences to his wife, children and loved ones. Rest in peace Alexander.

As you can all see he spent some time holding his CZ 550, .416 Rigby in Africa.

The Cape Buffalo was his dream hunt. As long as I have known him he spoke about getting a Cape Buffalo and it happened in the fall of 2018.

Alex never saw his Trophies and I am working with Kevin Cooper from South Africa to arrange transport of his Cape Buffalo, Sable and Nyala back to NY for his wife.

She is very much looking forward to seeing them!

Bill

Prayers....

Sorry for your loss. Glad he was able to get his dream hunt in and thank you for getting the trophies back to his wife. May he rest in peace.

Very sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing some of his hunting memories

Sorry for your loss! I truly believe in the saying about a lot of men go through life and never truly live! I appears your friend lived his dreams out! Rest In Peace and deepest condolences to friends and family.
Cody

I am very sorry for your loss, it sounds like he was fortunate to have you as a friend.

Thank goodness he was able to experience Africa in his time.

Wonderful tribute. I'm sure he was loved and will be greatly missed.

Thank you for doing such a nice tribute to a fellow hunter. My condolences and prayers to you and his family. So glad he got that Buffalo hunt done! Really does point out that we need to live while we are still alive.

I’m sure his family misses him. Hopefully the trophies will add to their memory of him. He took some fine animals! RIP!

Sorry for your loss. I’m glad he got to experience Africa.

Condolences to family and friends.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

All of your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I was friends with Alex for many years and quite often we went to the range to sight in our hunting rifles together. We worked side by side for a bit also. Unfortunately we never hunted together.

His trophy room is quite full along with a full safe which I am trying to figure out how to move all of them for his wife. All of the hunts above are shoulder mounts except we are waiting for the Cape Buffalo, Nyala and Sable to be shipped from S.A.

As I understand it, some trophies can not be sold legally however I can not get any details on this from the federal agency which governs it. Go Figure!

His rifles should be easier to move. I will be talking to auction houses on a couple of them as they are very high end, fully engraved. Maybe put them on consignment with a local gun store. Even considering that we live in NY they should be easier than the trophies.

Bill (For Alex's memories)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg