In defense of Vintage guns

My latest vintage rifle. Model 1895 Winchester in .35 Winchester. Verified it left the factory thus by Cody Museum letter.
Really nicely made rifle from 1902, shoots just fine.
IMG_2295.JPG

The appreciation of vintage and classic rifles can also be seen in the production of Sharps and Highwall rifles by Pedersoli and Uberti, the modified Highwall by Browning and the various Sharps reproductions by Shiloh and C. Sharps.

Best regards,

I have a 101 year old remington model 14 in 30 remington and a 100 year old Mannlicher Schoenauer model 1905 in 9x56 MS that both are in my big game rotation and get used regularly. One of the joys of using these guns is you have to roll your own ammo. Figuring out what they like and what works best is half the fun. Limiting yourself to open sights makes you a hunter again. Wouldn’t give up either of them.

The appreciation of vintage and classic rifles can also be seen in the production of Sharps and Highwall rifles by Pedersoli and Uberti, the modified Highwall by Browning and the various Sharps reproductions by Shiloh and C. Sharps.

Best regards,
Beautiful guns all! I have a Shiloh, ordered when they could be had for around $800. Had to wait for 3 years to get it but well worth the wait!

Beautiful guns all! I have a Shiloh, ordered when they could be had for around $800. Had to wait for 3 years to get it but well worth the wait!
I snagged a C. Sharps about 15 years ago. I ordered one a bit earlier but was put off when they raised the price during the wait time. It was explained to me that the price was only good if paid in full, so in a huff I canceled the order.
Then later I tried again and got one that came up for sale while I was on the wait list again. The one that came up had upgraded wood for the same price so I bought it instead. Beautiful fine shooting rifle and I still have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!