IMPORTANT: New Firearm/Weapon Transfer License In Frankfurt Germany

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Travel Express, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Travel Express

Travel Express SPONSOR Since 2010 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Hi Everyone!
    Received this email a couple of days ago regarding traveling through Frankfurt Airport in Germany with firearm/weapon. It should make the whole Frankfurt process a lot easier. Figured you would all want to know!
    Lori

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:28 AM
    To: 'travelexpress@montana.com' <travelexpress@montana.com>
    Subject: NEW! Transfer licenses via Frankfurt

Dear Sir or Madam,

via this E-Mail we would like to inform you about changes in the process of applying for transfer licenses for your customers who are hunters, sports shooters and other weapons owners.

If your customers travel to foreign countries via the airport in Frankfurt, an application for a transfer license must be placed with the weapon authority of Frankfurt.

Up until now, the applications and the issuance of the permits took place via E-Mail.

From November 01, 2018 the applications and the issuance of the permits can only be placed online via the following link:

www.frankfurt.de/mitnahmeerlaubnis

The documents necessary for the application such as identification documents or weapons permits from the customers home countries can be uploaded via the application portal.

The fee of 20 € for the permit can be paid online as well. The following online payment systems can be used at present:
    • PayPal
    • Master Card, Visa
    • GiroPay
    If the application is approved, you will receive an E-Mail with a link to download and print the permit.

In addition to the permit document a certificate with security features for counterfeit security will be attached to the E-Mail. Please print this document as well and present both documents to the customs authority at the airport in Frankfurt am Main.

We hope to have made the application process more transparent and easy to understand for you with this online processing portal.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag
    Sabrina Stock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STADT unnamed.jpg FRANKFURT AM MAIN
    Ordnungsamt
    32.22.11 Waffenbehörde

Kleyerstraße 86
    60326 Frankfurt am Main

2. Graham Hunter

Graham Hunter AH Enthusiast

Hunted:
    Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
    So how do you get the English version.

3. Chukar

Chukar SILVER SUPPORTER AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA
    If you click on the globe looking thing on the bottom of the page it will give you little page. If you click the bar that says Deutsch will bring up a choice for english.

AfricaHunting.com likes this.

4. Graham Hunter

Hunted:
  5. Rolf_T

Rolf_T AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    As I understand it, this is only necessary if the weapons are not checked through directly, i.e you need to collect and recheck weapons due to change of airlines etc?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018

6. ve7poi

ve7poi AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    British Columbia, Alberta, South Africa
    So I’ll make sure I don’t fly through Frankfurt as this is just a rip off tax, never mine the crappy connections 9hr layover.

7. Rock375

Rock375 AH Senior Member

Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Alaska, RSA, Namibia
    Every one who can now governments etc are reaching into your pocket. I first hunted AFRICA in 1994 and it was a breeze to travel with guns. It’s was a breeze to ship my trophies and the shipping charges were reasonable. Airlines appreciated my business as did the countries we hunted. Now it seems every one associated with your hunt is trying to figure out how to charge you something extra and run! Unfortunately it’s becoming a bigger and bigger hassle every hunt I book. It’s getting Very frustrating and I feel for our future hunters.

leslie hetrick likes this.

8. Rolf_T

Rolf_T AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Got confirmation from my local SCI chapter who have been in touch with Frankfurt:
    If you are transiting Frankfurt and have a valid European Weapon Passport, there are no need for more paperwork..

9. Graham Hunter

Hunted:
    So what is a European weapon at passport

10. Rolf_T

Rolf_T AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
  11. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    Don't know if I will ever have to avail myself of it but thank you Lori for posting this info!