AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Just received some important changes in regard to firearm importation into Namibia from NAPHA...

Rifle Import at Hosea Kutako International Airport, Namibia

Please take note of an important change when entering the country with a rifle.

As of Monday, the 03rd September 2012 any hunter that would like to bring in a hunting rifle will have to show the Police Official a copy of the trophy hunting permit.

We suggest that you fax or mail your clients the said copy in advance. If due to what ever reason you are not able to forward the permit to your client please bring the copy of the permit to the airport. You will have to show it to the police officers at the arrival hall and they will take it to the back for your client to be able to receive an import permit for his rifles.

Due to the urgency of this situation and the short notice to the changes regarding the new conditions, please distribute this information to all your friends and colleagues in the trophy hunting industry in order to better facilitate this process and make the change as smooth as possible, especially for your clients, as they will be faced with the situation at the port of entry.

Please also remember to forward your client a letter of invitation for the purpose of trophy hunting indicating the farm name and number.

Kind regards

The NAPHA Team

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) InSight

That's great information Jerome.

That is handy information to have.

Thanks J.

Even with this little hiccup, Namibia is still one of the easiest countries to enter with firearms.

I agree Namibia is easier to enter with the firearms. During my trip it took a very brief stop on the way to collect the other luggage. No real delay at all.

Do we know if this change is the beginning of more restrictions or just a small housekeeping matter?

I agree Namibia is easier to enter with the firearms. During my trip it took a very brief stop on the way to collect the other luggage. No real delay at all.

Do we know if this change is the beginning of more restrictions or just a small housekeeping matter?

Ethan, I have no clue as to what prompted them to take action on these changes... and hopefully they leave it at that!

Thanks Jerome thats some great info to have to save you a headache upon arrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross