Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
I am curious as to which animal would be your #1 pick if you could hunt it. Mine is the lord derby with the bongo a VERY close second. What say you?

I know what you mean.....

Cape buffalo is my #1 pick. But I'm with Simon with a bunch of other stuff as close seconds!

I have to say Cape Buffalo. It may be the "popular" pick, but it is definitely the animal that I thought of wanting to hunt as a child and the one that still excited me 40 years later.

If forced to pick a second species I would have to say Bongo. Such a different hunting geography than anything else I've ever done.

:D Pop Popcorn:Way to hard to answer.... So I'm just here for the comments.

C mon...give us one!

Ok.... Probably a Cape Buffalo, in their element or maybe a Bighorn Sheep in the mountains. But then I have a $hitload of close 2nds. Way toooo hard to pick 1.

Ok.... Probably a Cape Buffalo, in their element or maybe a Bighorn Sheep in the mountains. But then I have a $hitload of close 2nds. Way toooo hard to pick 1.
I have so many seconds that feel like number ones!

Also, a Leopard at night over bait.... That has to be close to 1. See what I mean... I CAN"T DO IT!!!!:confused:

Oh yeah.... add a Sable to that list....

Oh yeah.... add a Sable to that list....

So.... your "one" is really a 28 day full bag safari. What's wrong with that???? :)

28 full hunting days... right? :sneaky:

Also, a Leopard at night over bait.... That has to be close to 1. See what I mean... I CAN"T DO IT!!!!:confused:
Ahhh, the leopard.....MY current favorite that I hope I can cross off my list this September!

Giant sable from Angola.......with about another 30 species VERY close second.

I have to say Cape Buffalo. It may be the "popular" pick, but it is definitely the animal that I thought of wanting to hunt as a child and the one that still excited me 40 years later.

If forced to pick a second species I would have to say Bongo. Such a different hunting geography than anything else I've ever done.

So.... your "one" is really a 28 day full bag safari. What's wrong with that???? :)

Wow I would have to agree with all the above! But if I had to choose just one, I'm going with Mike's thought below on the 100+ elephant! There is nothing that can compare to hunting elephant.... It is the one animal I feel "differently" about shooting, I think it changes you and even takes something of you.... However it is an experience like no other and I would do it again... Yup, my number one would have to be a huge elephant bull hunt done the right way and in the right place... Just damned hard to find the right place right now!

100+lb ele

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViolaFairb

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you