Identify bullets

G-horn

Reaction score
Website
grashornsgunworks.com
Member of
NRA Life Member
I thought I knew what these where but now I’m not sure. All 400grs .423” bullets. I thought the very round nose bullet was a Woodleigh but not sure any more. Can you folks help ID these?

34D4C0B2-58C5-4BE9-A994-F3B3D153C7E7.jpeg
0652D15C-0A9E-43D0-A8B5-36440D021BCA.jpeg
7BB2F7BE-FDAE-424C-908A-1C091AC0B8D1.jpeg

I think that you are right. They sure do look like the bullets I have. Could it be that the FMJ is 450gr? (didn't think about looking at the length when I went to check just now). The last one, with lots of lead showing, I'm not so sure about. But something in the back of my mind whispers "A-Square".

I think that you are right. They sure do look like the bullets I have. Could it be that the FMJ is 450gr? (didn't think about looking at the length when I went to check just now). The last one, with lots of lead showing, I'm not so sure about. But something in the back of my mind whispers "A-Square".
All 400grs and the FMJ shoots the same as the really round nose one... the other could be A-square?

All 400grs and the FMJ shoots the same as the really round nose one... the other could be A-square?
I was going to guess the one with all the lead showing was A square as well
For some reason I thought they were Woodleigh but A Square would be great too. Going to use those on a buff in a couple weeks

For some reason I thought they were Woodleigh but A Square would be great too. Going to use those on a buff in a couple weeks
Would be very wise to know what bullet you were using before opening an up close dialogue with a buffalo.

Just checked again - and the Woodie FMJ 400 is indeed a little bit longer than the RNSN. Guess that the steel in the jacket might be the reason.

20210520_215009.jpg
20210520_215026.jpg

I agree 100%. If it’s the A square “lion load” bullet it would probably be poor choice on Buffalo. I would try to source some swift A-frames if it were me.
:S Agree:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg