Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
LIFE NRA, LIFE SCI, LIFE TTHA, RME
Hunted
South Africa, England, Scotland, North America
I had never been to Africa and decided that if I wanted to use a rifle there would be one there, so I just took my crossbow. Good choice on my part.

As far as the experience, the people I met and the place I traveled to and things I saw were amazing. The hunting was great too.

I use a Ravin 29x and have played with arrow/broadhead set ups. I will tell anyone who is using a Ravin or Ten Point in the 480 fps+ range, the 400 arrows and 200 gr single bevels will get the job done. I played with the 500/315s and had problems. The force flexes the shaft too much w/315 gr broadheads and you odd fliers as much as 6-8" off target. The penetration on the 600 gr set ups wasn't lacking. I do believe that if I played with a stiffer custom arrow set up that the 315 would work fine. The factory arrows are not set up for this and they seem to hit their limit after 200 gr broadheads.

But pictures

SUNSET.jpeg

TREE.jpg

BLUE WB.jpg

SABLE.jpg

KUDO R1.jpg

GOLDEN WB.jpg

A couple of quick videos

Looks like some nice animals. Congrats on a great trip. Who did you hunt with in RSA?
Bruce

Very Cool. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to AH

Nice trophies, congrats!

Congratulations.
Welcome to AH.

Congratulations, thanks for posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.