"I Want A Heym"

I just bought last week a Heym 89b PH in 500NE. I will get it Nowember 16. Then back to our farm to test it on buffalo.
Hi Tommen, are you in South Africa? If so did you order through Andrew Tonkin?

I ordered an 89b in 577 from Chris in March...hoping to get it by Christmas, but that would be on the early end of the delivery window. I’ll be sure to post pics and video as soon as it arrives.

Also, I asked Chris about “progress” photos, and he seemed to think Heym doesn’t do that anymore. I think the reason being is an decent backlog, and busy shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing this & congrats! Out of Curiosity, if I'm reading this correct, the 89b in 577 is built on the "Gross Box only"?
Addl, there's an upcharge for 24" barrels?

Many thanks! if you care to comment ..

I’m right there with you Daniel. They’ve moved me past my “but do I need it?” mentality. I believe one is in my future in the next year or so.

To that end I’m playing the new or used game. If new, I probably need to get moving on a trip to Dallas in the next 6 months. Anyone got an English language version of the current (or recent) price structure for new Heym doubles? I’ll probably call Mr Sells if not. Seeing those will give me a better idea of if the used price overcomes my interest in ordering a new one
It's from Heym's non-usa page, just translated.

Sorry, thought it would translate. It gives you the idea though.

Attachments

• Heym-Preisliste-Doppelbuechsen-04-2021-V3-print-web.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 103
I sorta regretfully let this go well over a year ago. It was being finished off at the factory before shipping. This was the only photo I could see of it, the second time I enquired if it was still available, it was in transit, however, Chris had another interested buyer. Had to make a decision asap, decided to let it rest?

mine.jpg

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing this & congrats! Out of Curiosity, if I'm reading this correct, the 89b in 577 is built on the "Gross Box only"?
Addl, there's an upcharge for 24" barrels?

Many thanks! if you care to comment ..
Thanks! You can get the .577 in two frame sizes, the gross (large) box, or the jumbo. The jumbo is a slightly heavier (13.2 pounds compared to 13), but WAY more expensive, I believe you can only get the jumbo frame with sidelocks. That being said, I think the 89b looks better anyways. I paid $30k for mine, with a few upgrades, including case color hardening and some bling (gold) on both sides and bottom of the action. They indeed have an upcharge for shorter barrels, but I stuck with the standard 26" for retaining as much weight as possible.

Chris (Heym USA) was awesome when I visited him, he knows his stuff, and took me to his private range to let me fire a few rounds. I even asked him if I could walk around the fields next to his range with the .577 he loaned me to get a feel for how heavy it was. I'll say, 13 lbs is about the lightest I would want in that caliber, but its a good trade-off between shootability and portability.

Wow! That looks very well proportioned. Did you get a chance to compare the recoil vs the 12lb version of the 500? I often wonder how much of a difference the additional 20lbs of recoil really makes in a well designed rifle like the 89...

I have a feeling it is about the same due to the increased weight.

Ok, love the darker wood grains without the red Hughes. "Chocolate" i suppose. Not particularly partial or a fan of the lighter blonde tones. "Blank 379"

Grade 2 engraving, or possibly better yet, standard border engraving. Unadorned as Kevin stated once, "Art Deco" hit home. Simplicity in clean lines .. A pistol grip cap & that's it.

89B in 577.

219(1).jpg
164.jpg
217.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for it a few months back. Went simple with some highly customized touches. Great experiences and I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about paying the balance! Go for it! Probably a 12 month lead, at this point.

Daniel it‘s a Virus and you can only cure it by ordering a Heym. My 89B in 450/400 at the factory when we picked it up in 2020. View attachment 407229View attachment 407230
"That's It"! .. It's certainly become a narrow fixation, as most believe I've become peculiar anymore.
None the less, thank you, as I've seen the top photo just browsing google/yahoo? And I say 577 facetiously as I'd like to just see it. 450-400 would be ideal.

Beautiful build Lowdi!, Thank You for the incentive ;

"That's It"! .. It's certainly become a narrow fixation, as most believe I've become peculiar anymore.
None the less, thank you, as I've seen the top photo just browsing google/yahoo? And I say 577 facetiously as I'd like to just see it. 450-400 would be ideal.

Beautiful build Lowdi!, Thank You for the incentive ;
Lowdi, if I can ask, What frame was your 450-400 built on?

Hi Daniel, my 89B is in the brochure the Version Africa and it’s the medium size of Frame.
IMG_4288.JPG

On the left side is a 88 PH with medium size frame in .375H&H/ middle 89B medium size .450/400 and on the right side the 88 Bigbox in .470 NE. I tried in 2016 in SA a 88 in .577 but it was too much for me….
IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG

Last edited:
Great photo's, Thank You. I recall the top sent previously when initially considering the 89, great perspective!

A 577 realistically would be counterproductive, however the idea of it built on an 89 opposed to the Jumbo for a fraction of the cost is intriguing, still waiting to see it .. photos or otherwise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross