I need your advice for my hunting and a ture trip in south africa

canary

Reaction score
Welcome Africa Hunting

This is a fantastic site, You can really get some useful information on this site, and it is really helpful.
And I am glad to be member of this fourm.

It is time for me to get back to south africa for the second time, an i really need your help on this trip
Two of my friends have just asked me to go with them to south africa, and i have asked them that i will schedule the trip, we are
planing to be in south africa in the period from (18-30 october 2012). we are planing to hunt (a number of antelopes) depending on the cost +
(birds,hare,rock rabbits), we are planing to proses the antelopes meat and take it home as biltong.

Some notes:
1-we will land in johannesburg and we will start and end our trip there.
2-my friends are bow hunters, they have more than 15 years of experince in many countrys.
3-we will rent a car and we are planing to make it a hunting and a ture trip.
4- we want to hunt in more than one place.

I will be waiting your advice, and hints.

Finaly i am more than happy to know people such as you.

thanks for all....

Aziz

Well Aziz, you can hunt more than one place easily.
There are lots of farms within easy driving distance of JHB. 3 hours or less.

Bow hunting might be interesting in October. Spring time.
It will be pretty though.

Bird hunting in spring time?
Not sure there will be much availability there.
Much better opportunities in the fall and winter.

Good luck.

Welcome to AH Aziz,

You don't mention which country you're from but I suspect you may run into problems taking meat back home as most countries do not allow the import of meat products. Also; most Outfitters I know of keep the meat of trophy animals hunted and their prices are structured accordingly. I'm sure you'll find one who will accommodate you in this regard but I suggest that you first check on the rules pertaining to the import of meat products into your country.

I can echo what Brickburn said about bow hunting in October. Chances are good that it will rain at this time of year which will negatively impact on the success rate with bow and arrow. And you will be out of season for game birds in October too.

Best,

Hi BRICKBURN

thank you for your reply
do you advise me to go to any other region in south africa by car which will combine both the hunting and site seeing, or to go to suggested places.

Hi CT Safaris

thank you for your reply
i realy do not have problem taking meat back home, and i mainly will not do trophy hunting i will hunt for meat.
and regarding the (Spring time) and the Chances of the hunt we will hunt by both bows and rifles. but is there any chance regarding the bird shooting (any kind of birds) in any area of south africa.

Hi BRICKBURN

thank you for your reply
do you advise me to go to any other region in south africa by car which will combine both the hunting and site seeing, or to go to suggested places.

If you only have two weeks you are best to concentrate your efforts on a general area.
There are a huge variety of ecosystems in RSA.
Depends what you want to see???

Many outfitters have numerous concessions to hunt (or big enough places to get lost on).
Marius KMG
Ferdi FERDI VENTER
Jaco KWALATA
Louis SPIRAL HORN
Chris CT SAFARIS
Jacques HARTZVIEW
Kemp LEEUKOP

Most tourists love the Garden route.. Lots of hunting in the Eastern and Western Cape.
Leave from Cape Town or Port Elizabeth

You can get to Kruger from Joburg.
It will take up a day to get there. (basically)

Within a four hour drive of Joburg are huge areas within 6 provinces
(Many of the outfitters on AH have concessions within this range):
Gauteng, Northern Province, Mpumalanga, Free State, Kwazulu Natal, Limpopo.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum, Aziz !

Aziz,

Ive got a couple outfitters that I'm sure would love to host you for a bowhunt in October. I myself will be over there October 1-10. Depending on how late into october you go, it might rain but the earlier portion should still be dry...really dry....great for bowhunting!

PM me if you are interested in a bowhunt. One outfitter is only an hour from the airport and caters to bowhunting only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg