I have a good friend

I recently had a birthday and my good friend got me a really nice gift. When I told him it was too much, he said it was because I help him cut firewood in the winter. He is older and really appreciates the help.

It’s a Ruger 77 9.3x62,
Please let me know, when your good old friend needs firewood for the years to come.....

:cool:

HWL

I finally got to shoot this rifle today. I used the iron sights off the sticks at 50 paces. And shot a 4 shot 2” group I’m pleased so far, but it does kick worse that my 375.
Good deal. I have the CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 and I think it weighs around 7.2-7.4 lbs without a scope if memory serves. I think it kicks more than my 375 as well

Mate, he probably wants you to have it in the end anyway.
His reward should be that you make sure you hunt with him. That may please him more than anything to see you hunt well with the rifle he gifted you.
A load of wood and half the meat harvested will ensure he is comfortable next winter.

I recently had a birthday and my good friend got me a really nice gift. When I told him it was too much, he said it was because I help him cut firewood in the winter. He is older and really appreciates the help.
View attachment 413267
It’s a Ruger 77 9.3x62, complete with a vintage Weaver 1.5x4.5 scope, brass, dies, and bullets. He has had it for five or so years and said that he doesn’t need three elephant guns.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen will be upset because I will no longer be building a 35 Whelen on that 03 sporter.
Now that is really nice, from any angle you want to look at it.
Oh, and happy birthday!

View attachment 413267
It’s a Ruger 77 9.3x62, complete with a vintage Weaver 1.5x4.5 scope, brass, dies, and bullets. He has had it for five or so years and said that he doesn’t need three elephant guns.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen will be upset because I will no longer be building a 35 Whelen on that 03 sporter.
A great friend indeed! Let us know how it shoots

View attachment 413267
Wow, nice, just wow.

This post is a year old now. The rifle shoots great. I’ve shot it mostly with iron sights because that’s how I intend to use the rifle. He is still a great friend, he sold me his CZ 416 Rigby for $1200 which is as good as giving it to me.
@Wyatt Smith
All you need to do now is get to Namibia and have fun mate.
Don't leave it till latter in life like a lot of us old farts did.
Do it while your young. Remember when there's no farming in winter into your neck of the woods it's SUMMER time in Africa.
Escape the cold and have fun. Just remember to stock up your friends wood supply before you go.
Bob

I’m going to go for my 30th birthday Bob. Five more years. I’ll have enough saved by then.
@Wyatt Smith
That's great mate at least you have a goal. More than a lot of people your age.
Just don't get married before that or you might have to wait like the rest of us old fellas.
Bob

@Wyatt Smith
That's great mate at least you have a goal. More than a lot of people your age.
Just don't get married before that or you might have to wait like the rest of us old fellas.
Bob
Bob, you literally made me LOL!!

@Wyatt Smith, if you find a very loving, understanding and supportive wife, you will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg